View Poll Results: ipod mini - buy or not?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • buy

22 64.71%
  • not

12 35.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

creative zen micro

my dad has a ipod mini, while I have a creative zen micro (in purple) and I love mine. I guess it's all about personal preference, but make sure you look at all your options rather than just limiting yourself to the ipod. The zen micros come in all these stunning colors and even has an FM radio. I am able to store all my music on it and still have plenty of room left over. The only cons I can think of for it are it dosen't have games like the ipod and the scroll required some getting used to. But other than that, i love me zen.

2. # ADS

BUY! I got mine for Christmas, and I am totally in love with it (it has its own black crocheted cozy with pink furry trim and everything ;)). My boyfriend actually got it off of eBay - it was less expensive than buying it new, it plays just fine, and I felt good because he recycled rather than buying new.

Alison

Here is my opinion, I have owned two ipods, and for the money they charge for the mini I would just get a bigger version and get more memory.

Also in my experience also, all ipods loose battery power overtime.. I am waiting until someone comes out with a better alternative, I hate that it is so damn annoying to turn these things off, and if mine did not have a remote control, I would have thrown it in the trash months ago.

I voted buy because I love my ipod. But I agree that unless you desperately want a small colored one, then pay the 50 bucks and get the 20GB.

I'm pretty sure all electronic things use up the battery over time. like my digital camera of 4 years, the rechargable battery doesn't hold much of a charge anymore and needs replacing.

those claims of 8/12/18 hours battery life specs are based on the iPod playing straight through, without the backlight on or scrolling a lot.

I'd say it depends on what you plan to use it for and how much money you want to invest. I've got 3rd gen iPod and LOVE it, but I use it in the car, at work, at the gym, when boating, as a home stereo and a HD backup.

Quote Originally Posted by udandi
    I'm pretty sure all electronic things use up the battery over time. like my digital camera of 4 years, the rechargable battery doesn't hold much of a charge anymore and needs replacing.
    Yeah, I had to get a new battery for my cell phone after 2 years.

Some types of batteries are not supposed to be completely drained, they will lose effect if they are. Laptops use those kinds of batteries (at least the iBook) but I don't know if the iPod does. Don't remember if it was lithium batteries or something else, I'll google it later...

I've heard it costs a lot to replace the iPod battery though.

Buy. I love my ipod mini. The earphones it came with hurt my ears, though, and kept falling out. I bought Apple's inner-ear ones and they work fine.

I really like how easy it is to use, and mine is engraved with my name!

Hmm. Personally I wouldn't get one because I never even use my discman, so it probably would turn into another dust collector/money waste.
    I might get one eventually when they've been around long enough and aren't over a hundred dollars.

At least if you do get one, by now they've been out long enough to have most of the bugs worked out. I would not get the headphones from apple though. They're crappy headphones, and more importantly, muggers and thieves look for those to know who to mug for an ipod.

Buy! I love my iPod so much.

I wanted the mini for the pink factor, but I ended up getting the regular one, and I think it's even better. I don't even have 2 gigs of music on mine, but I'm lazy about ripping my CDs to it. I could have a lot more.

If all you want to do is listen to music, go for it!

I'm considering the purchase of an iRiver mp3 player - I love my iPod but I like listening to the radio on a portable device, and as far as digital voice recording goes, the iPod has been intentionally crippled so that the playback quality isn't great (which is a problem if I intend to do interviews for a radio program).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads