View Poll Results: ipod mini - buy or not?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • buy

22 64.71%
  • not

12 35.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by knittin_kitten
    i voted not to the ipod mini, because for another $50, you can go from 4gb of space to 20gb regular ipod. to me, it's more value for the money.

but it may be just me... :)
    Me too. I really don't understand why people are getting the minis. Hm.. My partner had the 40gb for about 1.5 yr now and he loves it. Half of it is music and half of it are work files. I was anti-iPod for a while cos I thought it made music unmeaningful (too convoluted to explain here). BUT, last month I borrowed his iPod during a flight and it totally changed my mind. I bought the 20gb a week after and am *loving* it. I think my click wheel version is so much better than his soft-touch buttons though.

Enjoy your new iPod if you get one..!

2. # ADS

I have to say no to the iPod. I have the Rio Carbon and I love it. It holds up to 80 hours of music and the battery life is 20 hours. There is a built in recorder so you can record conversations/classes and whatnot. http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/sho....asp?model=296
    I first of this brand because a friend of mine works for Sigmatel which is the company that produces the memory card which is so tiny! Their chip is in the iPod mini as well.

So, is it better to get a different brand of MP3 player (like a zen or Rio or others mentioned earlier in this thread) than an ipod?

i picked no. why? because i just got an awesome digital camera/video recorder that also serves as an mp3 player and dictaphone. it was only 99$ (made by aiptek, refurbished) and the memory card was only 60$. with the memory card it can hold up to 32 hours of music... i only use it when i'm taking walks with my dog or on trips, so it's great. you can also buy a radio tuner device and use it in the car (but i have a million and 8 mixed tapes and cds, so i don't usually do so). i can understand people buying ipods if they are djs or listening to music CONSTANTLY. i've nothing against them, i'm just on a budget and i'm very happy with my purchase as is.

I voted yes but I also would suggest to pay the extra for a regular ipod.

I have the 20g ipod and I love it to death. It is so compact and easy to use. I travel quite a bit so I love the fact that I can store so much music and it takes up little space in my bag. I have nothing but great things to say about the ipod.

I voted no only because I can't afford one. I don't even have a cell phone that works. I wanted a digital camera but got a regular one for christmas. I'm not to up on technology....the only high tech thing here is my computer which is crapy anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads