Any ASH fans out there?

I've been a fan ever since "Girl From Mars" during the Summer of Brit Pop (1995). They were the cute Northern Irish teenagers creating quite a stir back then. Well now they're in their twenties and have just begun a US tour promoting their new album, Meltdown. It's great - albeit much harder and less poppy than their old stuff.

We went and saw them Friday night at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill (Carrboro). They were amazing. Great musicians - and they played all the old songs we wanted to hear. We also got to hang out and drink with them before and after the show and they were one of the nicest, most "normal" bands we've met. Seasoned pros, and so down-to-earth.

The Bravery opened up for them. WOW! I need to go out and get some of that. Meantime, though, I have my new Ash t-shirt, signed, a sticker for my car, the new EP (which preceded the new album), some cool photos, and lovely memories.......

2. # ADS

I saw ASH and thought "Anthony Stewart Head." Oh, the sadness of being a deprived BtVS fangirl.

Must check out this Ash group. I love getcrafty music recs! They're always spot on.

I like ASH, they're coming to my town (Toronto, Canada) in April, sounds like I better not miss it!

I LOVE ASH!!!!! I saw Ash 2 years ago and met Tim! He is so adorable and short! I am excited because they are playing this Friday here in Austin for the SXSW festivites! If you have the "Free All Angels" cd it comes with a bonus DVD and has some videos! Sorry for my rant but I love this band!

moon_lemming: I too thought it referred to anthony stewart head - there should be a buffy support group.

Aww.... Ash makes me nostalgic and happy. I saw them a few years ago on thier last US tour. ADORABLE!

i loved "folk song"... and i am OBSESSED with The Bravery. I cannot wait until their album is avail. in the US. In the meantime, their EP Unconditional is great!

I'm so glad to hear it brings back nice memories for others! I still can't get over how nice they all were. They did mention being in Austin this week for SXSW - and it really made us wish we'd gone this year. (Next year definitely!)

Remove Ads

Ads