Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring

Spring

I am so sick of winter! It's not even that bad here in Wisconsin, I just want it to be about 5 degrees warmer. Dang it, I want to wear a different coat!

I have little tricks to beat these blues though - buying those little pots of spring bulbs at the grocery store, dressing like its spring even if its not (layers!), and of course cleaning!

What do you do to make it over the March/April drag?

2. # ADS

I would say "buy cheerful spring clothes!" but am trying to be good with $$ this year.

In lieu of that, I'm having fun making springy bags from bright-colored fabric.

I haven't done this recently, but I also like sending out random home-made spring-themed cards, or having a warm-weather theme party-- tropical drinks etc!

i agree with you that lovely $1 bunches of daffodils at Trader Joe's also help!

This year living in a sub-tropical climate seems to be doing the trick. ;)

Usually around this time of year, when I am sick of looking at grey slush and sick of putting on 50 pieces of cold-weather clothing to go outside, I start making plans for warmer weather. I get organized about things like summer concerts, memorial day, tenative weekend getaways. I figure if the warm weather is close enough to be planning for, then I can endure the cold for a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by danielepea
    I get organized about things like summer concerts, memorial day, tenative weekend getaways. I figure if the warm weather is close enough to be planning for, then I can endure the cold for a few more weeks.
    Oh good idea - I should get some baseball tickets!

My approach is to just pretend it's already spring/nice weather. Wearing skirts around the house, biking to school even though it snowed again last night. Ignoring ice. Commenting to anyone who'll listen about the later sunset time.

Denial, basically.

I hear you loud and clear. PA is still really cold. I wore my jean jacket today and nearly froze. I work in the pocono area....ever here of it? It's cold!!!

im tired of it being beautiful and sunny one day and then the next day having it snow. i just want it to be warm! i want to bathe in the warm sun.

Quote Originally Posted by mindshare
    Denial, basically.
    Exactly! Mind over matter baby :)

i work in a garden center/fancy gift store part time. They have beautiful plants and amazing gift-type things that are all in season of course, right now alot of spring flowers and colors and easter stuff. Everything is so beautiful and much of it is handmade. I find it all very inspiring and uplifting to be around. The plus is, I don't have to buy any of it. I just get to poke around and look and arrange it!

I bought a couple of gardening magazines and also got a few used ones from the library swap table and ripped colorful pictures of flowers and pinned them up in my cube at work. Also I have been posting different pictures of flowers on my computer background.

But I'm not yet entirely convinced that winter will ever end this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads