searching for plastic raffia from mexico

does anyone have a hookup for plastic raffia from mexico (or similar inexpensive plastic raffia - not wraphia) preferably a distibutor or importer based in the US (or can deal with US currency and sells online.)

i have a little that a cousin brought back from mexico. it's finer and there are more intense colors compared to what i get at asian supermarkets.

if you hook me up, i'll make you a bag (see my blog) and i will love you forever!!!!

2. # ADS

hey after i read your blog and responded i checked on ebay. Have you looked there? I say some but I dont know if it's what you're looking for

seriously desperate for this stuff!

didn't find any on ebay - just some stuff made out of it. i've seen a lot of suppliers of plastic raffia for gift wrap, but i'ts not quite the same, and most of it is matte. and it is really expensive....

the stuff i use is the same plastic as that of a grocery bag, but folded over several times and in a continuous strand. the dwindling supply i have from mexico is in really intense colors and black and brown. i was given two different kinds, only one had a label: M.I.R.

i've searched and searched for online distributors but have not found anything even close to what i have. to top it off, i have an incredibly slow computer, dubbed "ol' molasses" so searching takes forever and i don't do much of it unless absolutely necessary.

i'm sorry this is slightly off topic, but we have a lot of mexican import shops here in phx, recently i found one that sold the most beautiful embroidery thread! on big spools in gobsof colors. there were also napkins that had patterns on them - drawn by hand with pen or pencil!

next time i go, i'll check for the plastic raffia, i think i saw it at a party store here...

Remove Ads

Ads