Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Secret Single Behaviour

What's your SSB?

When I lived alone I used to like coming home from a long day of work and lie on my couch, in my underwear, watching tv and eating Stove Top Stuffing with a glass of wine. I guess it's not a secret anymore.

2. # ADS

Hmmmm. I can't think of anything that I did as a single that I don't do in front of the boyfriend: eat ice cream out of the carton with a spoon, walk around in my undies, fart, read vapid magazines...

I do try to reserve haircutting for nights when he's out. He wants my hair long and so the sight of the scissors, even for a wee trim, causes him nervousness.

Neat thread.

I also try to reserve the haircutting for when the husband isn't here: he just says I should suck it up and let a professional do it. But its so much cheaper to just hack off the split ends myself and no one else is the wiser!

Painting my toenails and coloring my hair: the smell grosses him out.

Bikini line grooming, callus removal, tweezing, zit popping, basically all the nasties. Not that I won't do it in front of him, but I try to do it when he's not present.

When he is out of town: bad movies starring cute boys. Frozen drinks. Nachos for dinner, or ice cream.

When the roommates aren't arround I occupy my time by
    -playing dress up in my room
    -watching lots of bad TV
    -making a mess in the kitchen
    -sprawling my craft supplies all over every clear surface

I fear how quickly I am going to slip in to eccentricity when I start living by myself at the end of the summer. It's probably best that my building won't allow me to have 500 cats. hee hee

I like to pluck my leg hairs with tweezers, and eat melted cheese with a spoon. heh heh. don't tell my boyfriend.

when i was single i used to read TONS of chick lit, especially those in the bridget jones stream of thought (then again, most of chick lit falls into this category). now i seem to read far more heavy and depressing novels. maybe because my life is a bit cheerier now?

or maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something???

oooohhhhh...,
    roxy

when no one is looking i watch sappy girl movies or movies that make me cry. I NEVER cry at movies in front of other people, but a few weeks ago I am Sam had me sobbing and my b/f came home in the middle of it and it felt weird. I also like cheesy teen flicks but reserve those for when I'm watching alone.

jt

The only time I lived on my own completely was right after a bad break-up from a long and painful relationship so, I associate that time with a lot of wine and chick flicks. I don't know if I would have cried so much if the circumstances had been different. Or rented anything with Julia Roberts in it. It did begin a sushi, wine and movie night habit that is very comforting for me now (as it was then).

Mostly, I indulge my rock star fantasies. I'm the dork who likes to lip-synch (and/or dance) in the mirror (or not) when I'm alone. Sometimes, I enjoy dressing it up with props and costumes. My boyfriend and I live together...he caught me once in a red cowboy hat and asked what I was doing. He didn't believe me when I told him and when he finally did believe me he thought it was cute. Otherwise, I just like to wear the most comfortable clothes I own and let my belly hang out and play with my kitty.

Having a long bubble bath with a martini and good music is also great! Bianca Jagger is my inspiration for that one.

I live alone and am a complete savage in my apartment. I never wear clothes, ever. I fart, which I can't even *say* that word out loud, much less openly do it in front of someone. I eat junk food on the couch. I have fashion shows for myself. I pee with the door open and (tmi) don't flush if it's only urine--I hate wasting so much water for the toilet, very environmentally unfriendly.

My hubby had to move to Asheville ahead of me while I finished up at school. In the last two months, I have:

+ watched some serious chick flicks: Bring It On, 10 Things I Hate About You, and the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice several times each
    + nursed a crush on Kiefer Sutherland
    + read several trashy novels (including a sequel to P&P in which Mr. Darcy & Lizzy have a LOT of sex)
    + drank four bottles of red wine
    + not blow-dried my hair, letting it go all big & frizzy
    + shaved half as often
    + eaten an entire cake in two days

-- Steph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads