Thread: I love payday!

I love payday!

Ah, it's so rich with possibilities! This is my favourite time of the fortnight: payday afternoon.

With my few spare dollars, what will I buy? (rubs hands together gleefully and cackles maniacally)

2. # ADS

Wow, it is my payday too! I am torn though. There is this top in GAP, a pretty camisole with pink ribbon but it is 32...and I also want to get my hair cut...and I want to buy Easter Goodies too. I think that on pay day we should also get a half day so we can go spend it at leisure!

It's not payday for me - but I did just get paid a nice stipend (a little more than I expected) for making costumes for the play, plus reimbursement for some supplies I bought.

I'm gonna turn around and buy more craft supplies. Now that I'm done with the costumes (or will be tonight!), I have time to make stuff for me!

(32 pounds for a camisole? Isn't that like $60? That's ridiculous! Go to the Gap, sketch the camisole, and then buy the stuff to make it yourself. :) )

Sadly between paydays here. I did just spend the rest of my birthday money (yes, I am well over 30 and still get birthday money, mostly from mr. sandwich's family, i love it!) on a cute pair of cropped pants from the Gap. $30, or around 15 pounds for you of the sceptred isle.

Okay chicas, are cropped pants about to go violently out of style? Or already out? My closest neighbors are cows. I have no idea what actual human females wear in cities. I still have the receipt and haven't taken the tags off. I was just so taken with the lovely dark green color.

Next payday will be very sad, so few hours, so i'm milking my birthday money to the last penny.

Pudding, mr. s ordered his last pair of blundstones directly from australia. They cost $135 american dollars here. I'm not quite sure what that is to you, but it's a lot here. Yikes! Sorry for going off topic. I'm really bad about that. I talk the same way. My grandmother used to tell me that I was vaccinated with a phonograph needle by mistake.

i'm a temp right now, and one of the few good things about being a temp is that i get paid weekly! it's nice having a constant flow of money, even though the vast majority of it goes towards bills and rent. i did buy some new yarn yesterday though, and started making some arm warmers last night. :) i think next week i'll buy new pants.

Oh, I'm so jealous! I wish today was payday for me. I get paid twice a month: The fifteenth, and the last day. And most of my last paycheck is already gone, darned credit card and cell phone bills. (I work parttime and go to school, so I don't make a lot to begin with). I need someone to take over my finances for me so I quit going on so many shopping sprees...I keep buying shirts, as if I don't have enough already!

Ok, this is how I've spent my disposable dollars so far:

* jeans in a dark wash
    * beautiful, soft, soft, soft black leather loafers
    * take-away for tea last night

Cannibalsandwich, I don't think cropped pants are out of style, as long as they suit you. I think it's much better to wear clothes that flatter you and you love than be 'fashionable'. I wear cropped pants! I have a pair of black, wide-legged, linen cropped pants which are lovely and comfy and attract many compliments.

$135 US is $175 to me, which I think is about right. I don't think they are the most expensive boots you can buy - R.M Williams boots can be 3 or 4 hundred ($230-$310 US). Why was your husband importing a pair of Blundstones?

I think Naomi is onto something with half-day payday...

Remove Ads

Ads