Thread: my crafty job!

my crafty job!

I felt that this was the place to announce my job, considering I complained about finding a job, and now I found one that's crafty. I'm going to be a *drumroll* daycamp counselor in an arts-and-crafts sort of setting. Forty hours a week, most of this summer.

The only problem is, of course, that I'm better at encouraging art than creating it myself. It's pottery-related, and I can do the basic things, but I'm pretty sure I'm on the same level as a ten year old (not to insult ten year olds who are probably better than me). I'm assuming it doesn't matter that much, but I'm still a little nervous.

Nonetheless! I have a job, and it's crafty.

2. # ADS

Congrats! That sounds like the funnest summer job ever!

I am sure that the kids will think that you are some sort of potter goddess... afterall you are the one who gives out the clay and is allowed to use the kiln!

How great!! Congrats Soapandwater! That is so terrific. I took a couple pottery classes in high school and just loved them. It will be terrific to work with the kids as well. Don't worry about not being proficient with pottery, you will all kind of learn together :)

Have fun at your first job!

-Leah

Wow! That sounds so great! I'm sure you'll do a great job. Having adult motor skills goes a long way! :)

congrats! I wouldn't worry too much about only knowing the basics..take it as a learning experience!

Remove Ads

Ads