Thread: Bankruptcy.....

Bankruptcy.....

Ok, well I have posted here about wanting to buy a house and learned so much from all of you. I have actually decided that the best thing for me to do would be to file for bankruptcy and start from scratch. There are a few things that I would like to take care of first..... My junkie ex stole about 3,000 out of 2 bank accounts and I'm about $500 away from taking care of these and being able to have a bank account again. I also am about ready to get a secured credit card with a $200 limit to start rebuilding and will not have that wiped from my record.

Have any of you ladies gone through this? Any tips or words of encouragement? Feel free to PM me if this is too personal to post for you. This is absolutely not a shortcut for me. It's honestly the only way out.

I also heard something about the bankruptcy laws being changed. Does anyone know anything about this??

You girls always know what to say :)

2. # ADS

hey there... i am not yet at bankruptcy, but i am trying sooo hard to claw my way out of debt - some of it due to an addict boyfriend. i am lucky, he is now sober, and is helping me, but i've got almost $20k in credit cards alone... i'm thinking of going through consumer credit counselors, who my mortgage lady recommended to me - have you looked into that at all? it's a good way to avoid filing bankruptcy, though it's not easy... and, the bankruptcy laws have changed, it's much harder to file now, i believe - so *absolutely* make sure you talk to someone knowledgable before you file... but, if you haven't tried ccc, at least give them a call, and see if they can help you with anything - they can often help with bank accounts that have been charged off, utilities, credit cards, and all kinds of unsecured debt... <3

This article explains the changes, but not the actual rules and process for filing. I think it really depends on how much debt you have- and where it came from. I don't think that student loan debt, for instance, can be eliminated through filing bankruptcy

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/...bankruptcy.ap/

To get more specifics try searching Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

If you have problems paying your debts and you are harassed by collectors you are lawyers from https://attorneydebtfighters.com/ you will be helped to solve the problem and thus you can get compensation for the violation of your rights. I used the service a year ago and these guys helped me very well

Remove Ads

Ads