Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best place to buy a stove?

I've got a post in the crafty section that goes with this one...Anyways, for Mother's day I want to give my mom the money for a stove. It'll probably be electric. (She prefers gas, but that would involve converting the hookup in the kitchen)

Where is the best place to buy a stove for between $400 to $500? What are the best stoves, in your experience?

I want to give her a gift card and not the cash so she HAS to spend it and can't say "This is too much! Take it back," so I'm thinking I should give her a gift card to a specific store. But, being 21 and never being on my own and absolutely clueless, I have no idea where to start in the stove search.

2. # ADS

We bought a new gas stove recently, from Lowe's, and we are really happy with it. I would suggest either going to Lowe's or Sears, they are pretty good with delivery and they'll remove the old one for free. I don't know exactly what to recommend as far as the specific stove, but you may want to leave that up to your mom, because she'll know best what features she needs. Also, you might check out Consumer Reports at the library, they have good reviews on a lot of appliances, etc.

Thanks for the reply!! :)

We don't have a Lowe's (yet! They're supposed to start building...For some reason I want one so bad. It's not as if I really do any home improvement stuff.) but who doesn't have a Sears? :P

I'll definitely be checking out the Consumer Reports.

Actually, I just had a stove installed from Sears and they might be good to buy from, but they aren't qualified to install.

I guess if it's electric it wouldn't be a big deal, but I wouldn't fool around with gas. We ended up having a plumber install it (after a sears disaster) and he couldn't say enough bad things about Sears.

My neighbor had a worse experience than i did about a month before, so I don't think it was a fluke.

Maybe best buy? I've had good experience buying appliences from them.

I would go to an independent appliance store in your area. That's where we got ours and usually you get a good deal on installation and they take away the old appliance.

I love my Maytag Gemini (ceramic top electric double oven). I got it in stainless.

we bought new applicances last december.

here's what i did:

i went to best buy and wrote down all the rebate options on the models i wanted (frigidaire!).

i then took those numbers to an indie appliance store, where they cut me a deal that was lower than best buy's rebates. and nothing to mail in or mess with!

we saved a lot and got great stuff!

is there a used appliance store near you? you might be surprised, look in the yellow pages. In my area people upgrade perfectly good things just to have the newest and fanciest ( not just appliances, car, clothes etc)

the good part is you would save some money, and alot of times they will also do repairs (ie they know how the thing works) so you can call and ask questions without talking to a sears clerk who doesnt know anything.

but who wants to shop at sears? they screwed us also. They charged us for a ficticious "permit" to install our dishwasher, scratched the floor, and made a rude comment about my mother to his coworker ( in spanish, which I speak enough of to understand)

so booo sears.

I know this thread is old, but I decided to share my experience in the hope it will be useful for someone. In case you have a gas stove and are looking for a proper cookware, there is a good review of the best sets on https://www.cookwared.com/reviews/be...or-gas-stoves/ . It can provide you with the detailed information, prices, availability on Amazon and a buying guide. Personally I chose WearEver Ceramic Non-stick Cookware Set and I'm pleased with it. By the way, such sets can be a great gift idea.

From what I know, the stove must always be positioned in a specific place in the kitchen. So if you want the latter to look well, you need to draw the 3D plan of the premises. You can do it with Autodesk AutoCAD 2020 Subscription, for example. Otherwise the current or future furniture may look rather clumsy and disharmonious.

thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads