Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost

Lost

I think I'm breaking an unwritten rule posting a T.V. topic or at the very least I'm being way uncool. But I looooove Lost. What the heck is this show about? Theories are flying. What are yours? I've noticed that alot of people on the island have killed someone which lends itself to the purgatory theory. Who the heck knows but I'm hooked and am waving my dork flag freely.

2. # ADS

JJ has said that the explanation is not supernatural, that it is completely plausible. Essentially, I don't care though, because when we find out, the show will be over - I like the mystery!

I like it, too. Not enough to tape it, but when someone posted a link to this girl's blog where she recaps all the eps, I dorkily searched them all out and read them in order.

It has the feel that the writers don't know for sure where they are going, but that's fine with me.

Last night was pretty cool with Locke's backstory. Still don't understand the paralysis, though. I mean was it to do with the transplant?

I totally agree with you, it does seem like they're making it up as they go along but surely that can't be the case.??? I don't think they addressed his paralysis directly, I assume it happened in the car after we saw him have an emotional breakdown when he left his dad's for the last time. Who knows though, could be that space aliens ate his knees or he had an allergic reaction to nerf balls.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzymahoney
    Last night was pretty cool with Locke's backstory. Still don't understand the paralysis, though. I mean was it to do with the transplant?
    DAMN IT, I missed it. and I wanted to see that one, too; instead, I've been watching repeats for the last few weeks and missed the one new one this week.

I'm hooked, too (obviously). I refused to watch it the first few weeks because all the critics were cooing about it, but nothing else was on one week and I watched it and that's the end of that story. I love that it comes on right before Alias, it's a perfect combination.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_lemming
    I love that it comes on right before Alias, it's a perfect combination.
    It's my favorite tv night :)

I love Lost!!!

One TV night where my husband and I actually sit down together to watch. He usually likes some lame Smokey and the Bandit movie or something. LOL.

I don't honestly think the writers even know where this is going but it is a great mystery. That purgatory theory sounds right on though.

I am crazy about that show too, but have no idea what's going on. I watch it and sometimes at the end I'm like "huh?" I guess I'm usually eating and not paying close attention... but isn't there also some sub-story that there is one too many survivors? I thought someone speculated that Locke wasn't really on the plane, that he is some manifestation of the island? What is under that hatch? Why have several groups of people become wrecked there, yet no planes ever fly over, no boats ever sail by? ugg, good TV doesn't happen too often, this is definitly a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyknitz
    ... but isn't there also some sub-story that there is one too many survivors? I thought someone speculated that Locke wasn't really on the plane, that he is some manifestation of the island? What is under that hatch? Why have several groups of people become wrecked there, yet no planes ever fly over, no boats ever sail by?
    There are 48 Survivors (Alias fans will get the significance of this) and the point that there was one more person than on the manifest was the subplot with Ethan Rom (played by Tom Cruise's cousin) who kidnapped Claire, tried to kill Charlie, and then Charlie ended up killing when they trapped him in the jungle. As far as we know Ethan and Rousseau (the French woman) are the only other people on the island that we have seen. Locke has had two backstories, he was clearly on the plane, coming back from a foiled Australian outback vacation because they wouldn't take someone in a wheelchair.

Hurley's backstory explained a link between Rosseau's crash on the island and his lottery numbers, those numbers also appear on the side of the hatch.

ohhhhhhh - I didn't know the numbers were on the side of the hatch! Did you catch Hurley on tv in the background when Jin was in the house of the politician his father-in-law made him beat!? So Hurley and Walt both have "special powers" and seemingly so does Locke post crash. Anyone else on the show have powers beyond the norm?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads