Making my "Blogspot" pretty.....

I moved my blog from bravejournal to blogspot because even though it was super easy to make bravejournal beautiful.... it still looks generic.

However.... I still want a beautiful blog and I am HTML retarded. I want a bevy of links, a beautiful background, tables, and photos on the main page. My inspiration blog is.... Http://lightningismygirl.blogspot.com

Obviously a different look, but I love the basic Idea (Not to mention how much I love her).

Any advice on this?? Online cheat cheets for doing such things?

I am also curious on where I can find interesting things to add to my blog. Anything to make is more esthetically pleasing.

Also I would like to know how to drive traffic and be able to know how many people are visiting my blog and how they found it. If possible, of course.

here is the newbie of mine thus far... I've been slacking on posting in order to study up on making it prettier. http://stinkerbellerock.blogspot.com

HELP HELP HELP!

PS.... I someone wants to really really help me... I am more than willing to compensate with cash and or merchandise!

2. # ADS

An easy way to change the look of your blog at blogger is to search for blogger templates http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=
    I was able to find a plethora of templates. Just cut and paste the code into the template at blogger.

It is a great option if you don't know much HTML. The best part is though that if you look at the code and change something you can preview the changes and see what exactly changed before saving the code. That way you can customize the code and learn HTML at the same time!

Re: Making my "Blogspot" pretty.....

Quote Originally Posted by StinkerbelleRock
    Also I would like to know how to drive traffic and be able to know how many people are visiting my blog and how they found it. If possible, of course.
    I really like the free tracking at extreme-dm.com, you can find out all sorts of stats -- referrals, ISPs, which countries your visitors are from, etc. I haven't had a problem with it yet. the only downside I've found is that the free version will only track one page for you.

eta: re: html, I like webmonkey's HTML cheatsheet and color code chart for basic stuff; I'm still learning the advanced stuff so I'm no help there, sorry!

Thanks ladies!!

i'm having blog prettification issues, too. i cannot seem to get the background i want to show up correctly. anyone know where exactly to put it in my template so my title bar will have a little panache?

Well.... I couldn't figure out the background thing but I think it's starting to look a little better! I actually posted a new blog instead of fiddling around with the look last night.... so more prettification to come!
    http://stinkerbellerock.blogspot.com

I am completely HTML retarded too! My blogs so far are very generic but with these ideas posted here, AND when I have some free time next, I'll have to beautify mine too! Thanks for this post.

Remove Ads

Ads