Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Day After Tomorrow

Is anyone else excited for this movie? I love cheesy mass destruction movies, I don't know why!

I had such a stressful week at work, and now I think I'm coming down with something - but no matter what, I *will* see this movie at the first showing tomorrow!!

Help me!

2. # ADS

I'm not really excited about The Day After Tomorrow. I think I got tired of the cheesy mass destruction movies after Deep Impact and that movie with the Aerosmith song in it.

However the movie I am embarrassed to be looking forward to this weekend is Soul Plane. It looks so stupid & so hysterical. I have got to go see it. But I just got the boy to agree to seeing Saved this weekend (which I've wanted to see since I saw the first trailer for it months ago!) so Soul Plane may have to wait.

I hear you, Crafty Chica! I think that movie looks great-- and I think a matinee is the perfect thing to do after a stressful week and at the beginning of a cold!

Yay, I cannot wait to see "Day After.." as well! I have a huge crush on Jake Gyllenhaal plus I love cheesy disaster movies... great time all around!

I saw the extended "trailer" for this movie, and was pretty much scared witless. I am the type of person who worries about what will happen when the sun burns itself out; this is not the type of movie that I need to see. I can deal with monsters*, vampires, and ax murderers, but I freak out over movies that feature things that could actually happen. Prime example, I sae the last maybe 45 minutes of "Deep Impact" when it came on regular TV, and I am still scarred. Disaster movies just disturb me to no end. I can't find any fun in them & I wish they would quit being made. I don't like the idea of all that collective end-of-the-world thought energy floating around out there.

* One exception to this: I recently made the mistake of viewing Night of the Living Dead. I watch it during broad daylight and was still freaked. How can a movie that old still be so scary?

:o)

I want to see the movie because I like movies like that, except for Armageddon. It's one of my guilty pleasures.

Also, it has hot Jake Gyllenhaal in it. Imdb.com accused him of having diva antics, so I naturally decided to read all about it. Apparently, he rewrote some of the cheesier lines.

I don't really equate having more creative control/not looking like an idiot on screen with having a diva moment.

I wish I had seen that last night instead of the movie Dogville. *shudder*

Maybe it's a sign of our age, but I went to the movies w/a friend the other night and when we both saw the poster, we were like "Dennis Quaid, mmmmm." I mean, Jake's cute and all. But I always think of very hot The Big Easy whenever I see Dennis Quaid.

Spoiler Alert

Well, I saw the movie last night. I'm one of those nitpicky people who like their movies to be grounded in fact. The fact is, from what I know geology, climate change is cyclical and occurs very slowly over thousands of years. I felt that the movie was overexaggerating to scare a bunch of people into supporting an environmentalist political agenda. Nothing against environmentalists, I'm all for being environmentally conscious, but scare tactics are a cowardly method for a group of people that I would expect to be more intellectual and credible. Then again, this movie came from Hollywood, not a climatology institute.

ugh. saw it. was sooo not impressed. very overhyped, not enough action or character depth - mostly relies on special effects and a "what if" theme. it didn't even have good cheese moments, it was very much by the numbers.

what are your favorite people in peril flicks? i LOVE the posiden adventure, earthquake titanic, armageddeon was cheesy fun, i loved steve buscemi in there and the other quirky guys..

oh well, so far my favorite big summer flick has been shrek 2!

I'm not really interested in this movie.
    I find that most of these movies complete disregard any basis in the reality of scientific facts, and further spread misinformation about how "natural disasters" even happen.
    I'm not really into that genre of movie...so I'll pass on this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads