red alerts from your bod

my day job has been sooo stressful lately. so much work to cram in 40 hours. and its all writing, so its nothing that i can zone out on. yesterday i had a micro-mini breakdown early in the morning before anyone else came in. by late morning my left arm shoulder was aching, by lunch it had moved to my elbow and driving home i couldnt even use my arm because my hand was tingling. when i got home there was more stress. patrick had to go by me wine so i could relax and just chill. today i feel kinda back to normal and thank god tomorrow is the first day of a much needed week-long vacation. it really freaked me out though. i know i should have gone to the doctor but i was scared!

i don't know why i'm posting this, just had to get it out i guess!

2. # ADS

I know you aren't all that old, but have you had a cardiac stress test done? Left shoulder pain and tingling can be more than a red alert, more like flashing neon. Call your doc, girl. Now. It may be nothing, but if it's an impending heart attack you need to get it take care of.

Hey,

These are the days of the panic attack. For myself, anyway. I never understood what they were until I starting getting them. Horrible! Sometimes, just difficulty catching my breath....others; full on migraine, numbness and vomitting. Gross. Stress is, like, THE trigger. The last two years have been the most stressful of my life and I still get them from time to time. A panic attack can feel like a heart attack. The only reason I didn't go to the emergency room before is because I didn't have health insurance. I do now, however, and I just made an appointment with a psychologist who specializes in anxiety and panic. And I'm looking for a primary care doctor. I think it's very solid advice that you get checked out for any medical possibilities.

These things can be hard to manage and terrifying when they occur. People work a LOT these days and I think women manage a heavy burden. Sometimes, you don't realize how long your poor, tired body has been taxed until it goes caput. I think meditation, exercise, yoga and pilates help a lot. And, I have a friend with very similar experiences who I can talk to.

I hope all goes well and that you have a relaxing weekend. Take care-Karla

Remove Ads

Ads