best advice you've ever gotten??

Hey all,
    I always think its so interesting and inspiring to hear and read the best advice others have gotten or most important lesson they've ever learned. So if you're game...what's the best advice you've ever gotten??

Mine-Don't analyze things when you're in a bad mood because everything is going to seem bad and you'll just feel worse (I know "don't analyze things" might be better but we're talking baby steps here ;) )

2. # ADS

Mine was from my dad. "Find something you ENJOY doing, then find a way to make money doing it!" Best advice I've ever gotten!

http://www.girlsavage.com/

Another dad post - I don't know if it's the best but at the moment my dad was my hero. In college I was freaking out about a paper that was coming due. My dad (who was half way across the world) told me, " The worst thing that could happen is that you would fail." I'm not sure if it comes across, but he was saying that failing the paper wouldn't break me. So that freed me up to stop being afraid and get the thing done.

My most recent good advice came from my boyfriend. I was complaining (for the zillionth time) about how much I hated my job and he said "just quit." And then I did. And then everything was great! And still is! (Not to mention I feel much more in control of my life knowing I don't have to be stuck somewhere I don't like.)

Mine was from my mom. It was when I got married, but it really applies to life in general. "Pick your battles" Oh how right she is! There are some things worth getting worked up about & some crap is just not worth the energy. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard her voice in my head repeating those words (and not just when my husband is annoying me!). For me, it's more about learning to let the little stuff go and realizing that life is too short to spend time being upset and insignificant things that are either not going to change or that I don't have control over. Mama is a wise wise woman.....

Remove Ads

Ads