Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what do you do when you have the whole day free?

isn't it a weird feeling? the kids are at my in-laws and myhusband has two gigs. I should be doing a bunch of stuff but instead I'm at my computer writing.

after a bit i'm going to go inthe art room and play. maybe take in some cheesy movies.

what do you do when everything stands still and you have a whole dang day to kill?

2. # ADS

what do i do when i have a whole day free?

i spend WAY too much time on the computer, especially on livejournal. i think i updated four times today!

since i've been a student for the past 19 years (NOT an exaggeration), i've always spent free days feeling guilty for not doing homework. however, by next fall i'll be student-free (and loving every minute of it), so i plan on:

- spending lots of time at bookstores and libraries
    - going for long walks, especially when it's sunny out
    - honing my crochet skills

i'm a pretty organized person who can turn lazy VERY easily, so if i know i'm going to have a free day, i like to write a "to do" list of all i'd like to accomplish. how lame am i?

roxy the lamester

I will do/accomplish a lot in my spare time, except sleep. Then I feel like I've wasted time.

My favorite thing is to go outside and take pictures and read and plan adventures with my friends (sometimes I become exactly 12 years old when I have free time). And sometimes I just look up rare diseases on the internet. Or sometimes, if I'm lucky, I get a chance to write.

I am back and forth from the computer to my sewing. Even today, when I swore I would take a day off from both. Here I am between beading and stitching up a new bag and fixing dinner. I had to take a break before eating to check in here and see what everyone else has been up to today.

mmmm...this was my awesome day:
    7:30 am - open doors do yoga for abount an hour with the boy
    9:00 - Drive to midtown for breakfast of waffles and fried chicken wings (its really good I swear)
    10:30 - get back home and start mile walk to farmers market.
    11:00 - get there barely in time, and manage to snag a dozen super organic free roaming hen eggs, and 3 bars of yummy smelling goat milk soap.
    11:30 - start walk back and decide to stop at plant nursery and purchase 3 small Mexican heather plants, 1 ea sage, basil, and lavender plant, a coleus, and some more oat grass seeds for kitties. Put all in bag on top of fresh yummy eggs.
    12:30 - get back home, pot plants, and lounge at pool while boy has to work;-(
    1:30 - boy makes it out and we get our tan on.
    2:30 - back inside for raunchy sex;-)
    3:30 - 7:30 nap on sofa
    7:32 - still kinda groggy and sunsoaked, but I suppose we'll make it down to dinner, and maybe catch a live show later tonight.

Yay! and I still have tomorrow! I love when weekends drag on forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by roxy_fondue
    i'm a pretty organized person who can turn lazy VERY easily, so if i know i'm going to have a free day, i like to write a "to do" list of all i'd like to accomplish. how lame am i?
    I do the same thing. If I don't then I end up wafting about without really getting out of my pajamas and then I feel crappy the rest of the day. But I make lists of fun things like: walk mile to tasty sandwich shop, go to thrift store to look for fabric, plan fancy dinner and purchase ingredients.

If I have time to myself I promise myself I will do fun frivolous things and then I end up tidying and taking care of crappy chores and then I get cranky!

Actually got away from my machine and computer for the whole afternoon Sunday. It was such a beautiful day that my husband and I went for an old fashioned Sunday drive. Our rule: You are only lost if you had a destination in the first place... We found yard sales, antique shops, new views of the Catskill Mountains, and wonderful chocolate covered goodies! Then wrapped it up with a trip to our favorite market for fish and brussel sprouts for dinner! Mmmmm... Good Day!

First things first- I make sure to sleep in a few hours. Though I don't like to spend the whole day in bed because then I feel I've wasted my free time.

If it is a nice day out, I make it about to go enjoy the sun and warmness either by reading on a park bench, sitting at a cafe or just going for a walk.

If the weather's not so great I will just stay inside and read/watch movies/play on the internet, or I'll go shopping somewhere fun that is a bit harder for me to get to like Whole Foods or the thrift store.

I also, of course, make some time for crafty endeavors. Crafty time is especially precious now that I am a student again.

Oh I am going to be so happy when the semester is over and I can actually have free days like this again!

Re: what do you do when you have the whole day free?

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyChicaAZ
    what do you do when everything stands still and you have a whole dang day to kill?
    Pass out from amazement.

After I come to, I do things like have a leisurely breakfast (no matter what time of day it is) over a Sunday New York Times (no matter what day of the week it is), make myself a nice meal, and lie around. Reading a book and drinking lots of tea.

The next day I might have a twinge of guilt for not getting "real" stuff done, but I've also learned that I need the occasional sloth day to recharge the creative batteries and lighten my mood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads