Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strapless bras?

Strapless bras?

Okay, I need help in finding a strapless bra- I have tried a million different brands and styles, but I have never been able to find one that really works. I generally wear a 38C, but once when I was measured at Victorias Secret, the girl suggested to get a strapless bra in a smaller band size and/or smaller cup size. So, I have a 38B bra, a 36C bra and a 38C- none of which work for me. When wearing most of them, I don't feel like I have enough support, or that I'm falling out of my bra. Is that just the deal with strapless bras? I'm in a wedding in a couple of months and I'll be wearing a strapless dress, so I'm trying to find a solution to my problem. Even though the top of the dress has some boning and isn't too low cut, going bra-less won't really be an option.

Do any of you have any advice on finding strapless bras? Any brands/styles that really work for you?

Thanks in advance!
    *r

2. # ADS

Ugh.... I understand.

I have come to the conclusion that they are all evil. Then again... I just don't seem to have enough to hold them up... hehe. I'm a proud member of the itty bitty titty committee!

Being close to the same size, I understand. The only one that works for me is the strapless Wonder Bra. It actually supports, stays up and makes your cleavage look marvelous.

marvelous cleavage!

you could have a bra sewn into the dress by a tailor.

I am a bra-fitting nightmare, and my sister-in-law, who is not usually evil, decided that she needed strapless bridesmaid dresses. The Nordstrom's underwear department saved my life. The bad news is that I ended up spending $100 on a bra. The good news is that I do not look obscene in my brother's wedding photos, despite the strapless dress and enormous ta-tas.

The actual bra is by Le Mystere, and it's part of their bridal collection. But I wear a really different size than you, so the bra itself might not work. The Nordstrom's underwear department should, though.

When it comes down to a choice between a strapless bra or going commando - I go commando. Every strapless bra is just so obvious (can we say "four boobs") that I just don't see the point. I'm not small either (34 D), but I'm not wearing that thing.

I've always had the best luck with bandeau-style strapless bras (and I'm on the bustier side). It's basically just a tube of elastic, no underwire or anything like that. If you get it tight enough you should be secure for as long as you need.

I bought a strapless to wear w/ my wedding dress (which wasn't strapless, but didn't want them peeking out) There is NO WAY I could've worn that! I'm 38D and it just kept falling, or at least it felt like it was falling.

I know one thing that might help is (don't know what they're called) the kind that go down to almost your waist. Kinda like a tube top but w/ underwire and everything - almost like a tank w/out straps. I never tried that, but I have heard that it helps the strapless stay in place better.

Are those the bustiers, Chelsea?

I wore one of those for my sisters wedding, the backless... It was a low backed dress. I'm a 36D and it worked great! Not sure what it is called , but if you go into a department store, not Victorias Secret, and you find the person who has been there the longest... tell them about your dress and your problem. They will help you, you will even most times get a PROPER fitting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads