Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: theme parties

theme parties

anyone got any good ideas for a theme party? - just moved into the first house in five years where I've been able to host a party, and really want to do something themed/fancy dress...

any ideas welcome. thank you x

2. # ADS

Last year we did a Cinco De Mayo party. Fajitas, Margaritas, "fiesta" decorations, salsa music, and drunken pinata bashing!

If you want to wait until June 20, do a Summer Solstice party (aka Midsummer's Night). You can do that party either very casual or make it dressy and romantic.

Even if you aren't into the sport of racing, you can have a Race Party Memorial Day weekend(Indy 500, as well as other races). I've also just done a "Black & White" party that weekend (race flag colors). All decor is b&w, b&w cake and cookies, and the guests are encouraged to wear b&w clothes.

There is also the Kentucky Derby! Mint Juleps and Derby Pie! Yumm!

I have several Party Theme books, but I just packed them up to move! Your library and bookstores should have books like this.

After we move into our new home, we are having a house warming party (Memorial Day Monday) and i'm thinking up a theme. I was going to go with "Pink" as the theme and let the guests decide what that means to them, but i'm not sure. I may do the race thing again just because....we live in Race Land!

theme party

I found the following suggestions on some website, but I forgot which one so I cannot quote source. sorry.

Come As Yourself parties can make for an interesting change.

Teddy Bares - everyone comes as a naked bear.

Cowabunga! - come as your favourite Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle. Really separates the losers from the cool people.

Stay Up All Night - all male guests are given two Viagara pills on arrival.

Saturday Night Alone - everyone stays at home. Incredibly cheap to cater. All you need is one bottle of whisky and a pizza.

Hannibal - everyone is required to bring their own elephants.

Surprise! Surprise! - Issue invtiations for a party at someone else's house. It's even better if you don't know the person who lives there.

Caveman Party - - Arrive to the party naked. Grab some foliage from the garden and make an outfit. Eat the meat off the BBQ before it is cooked. Skull several cans of Adams Ale in one hit. Limit your conversation to two words "Oonga, boonga". Run around the room banging your chest chasing the cat while holding a skewer in your hand. Find a mate, drag them into the bedroom by the hair, have sex. Go back to cave.

Theme party - All the guests have to bring the same type of drug. Hang on, that's a Rave.

Homophobic Party - Get all your gay mates together and invite only 1 of the worst homophobs you've ever met

God party - veryone dresses like different Gods and argue as to which of them is the one true Lord.

Big Brother Party - Lock people in a house together for a couple of weeks. Every Sunday we vote someone we don't like out (like the guy who spewed in the bean bag and passed out in the shower), then get complete strangers to ring up and confirm the eviction.

After Party Party - Spend all day trashing your house...spewing in the most inconvenient places, dumping used condoms down the back of lounge chairs, spilling alcohol on chairs, etc...before inviting all your friends for a six hour cleanup. Best fun. Like hide and go seek - for drunk wankers!

Beverly Hills 90210 Party - Women come in miniskirts that reveal their undergarments (or lack thereof) and midriff/cleavage baring tops. Men come in 80's print silk shirts and stonewashed jeans. One person should drink alcohol, and the others should tell him it's wrong. Throughout the evening, everyone must try to make out with everyone else's girl/boyfriend.

Re: theme party

Quote Originally Posted by PamTheQueen
    If you want to wait until June 20, do a Summer Solstice party (aka Midsummer's Night). You can do that party either very casual or make it dressy and romantic.
    This sounds really pretty. Along that line, you can have a Victorian tea party! Scones, tea, fruit, have everyone dress up and use porcelain dishware.

Quote Originally Posted by paola sangio
    Cowabunga! - come as your favourite Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle. Really separates the losers from the cool people.

God party - veryone dresses like different Gods and argue as to which of them is the one true Lord.
    These are both hilarious!

I've never had one, but I am obsessed with the idea of having a prom-themed party at some point in my life. My dress is too pretty to only have been worn once!

Digs has some good ideas. http://www.digsmagazine.com/host/host_prom.htm

thank you so much!

some awesome ideas and i spat out my coffee laughing at the god party... (and surprise! surprise! - that made me giggle)

your parties sound ace PamTheQueen

still undecided, but plenty of food for thought...

A Mad Hatter/Alice in Wonderland tea party!

Parties I'm personally jonesing to have soon:

Slumber Party Massacre/Sorority House Massacre slumber party. I want to get a bunch of friends together for a coed slumber party, watch these awesome cheesy 80s slasher movies, have everyone dress up in nighties and the boys in football jerseys and boxers. And then at some point I want to have a separate friend arrive at the party as the "killer" and designated people will end up being "killed". It would be so awesome.

a dance-off dance party! no costumes really, although I would love to incorporate some type of dress up. But I'm obsessed with the tv show Dance 360, which is this so awful it's awesome hip hop Soul Train-esque dance show, and I want to have a party in the style of the show. (only not hiphop music. more of an electroclash/rock and roll dance-off dance party)

a wine tasting party where everyone brings a bottle of wine under $10. everyone gets to taste new wines and get smashed!

How about come as your parents?

That'll get the conversation rolling albeit not in the direction you might want.

We throw Theme parties all the time, my birthday and my fiance's birthday are 6 months apart, so we throw these parties fairly often:

"Cinco de Juno": My birthday is 06/05, so I threw a theme party. Catered with Mexican (tacos) and Greek food (dolmas, hummus, pilaf) I was dressed in a toga with a wreath of vines in my hair, and I decorated the house in red & green (Mexican flag) and Blue and white (greek flag) streamers with little "fiesta" decorations

"Dante's Disco Inferno" : his birthday party, many people dressed as Devils circa 1977

"Tokyo Club Kids" dress as as Tokyo club kids, we got pretty creative.

"Prom" this was my birthday party last year. My fiance drew a backdrop and made a banner for our prom theme. And we took digital pictures. I had a sash and crown for the Prom Queen, fully intending to elect my very pregant sister in law, but they left before the coronation, so everyone voted for me. (duh, the birthday girl)

There are a group of people I know that always throw theme parties.

Heaven and Hell - Heaven can be an angel, Jesus, Saints, good gods, etc.
    - Hell can be assorted demons, Satan itsself, or cerberus if you are very skilled in the costuming department.

I showed up this one in a liquid latex out fit of red with black nipples, black wings, horns and a red tail. I had a contract that stated that if anyone wanted to spend the night with me they could trade me their soul in exchange. No one tookthe bate good thing because everyone at the party had spent the night with me. (I didn't say in bed.) At the end of the party I made one of the angels rip off my skin, while I screamed in agony.

Pimps and whores - you get the idea.

This one I showed up as a Victorian Madam. Very well dressed but my ladies were for a more refined taste.

Two pieces of clothing - you could only wear two pieces of clothing into the party but you could choose any two. I didn't get to this one, but I wonder if anyone showed up in socks.

The middle eastern party could be fun humus, stuffed grape leaves, babaganus (sp?), chicken pilaf, maybe some oozo, lots of cussions, drapery and middle eastern dancers. There are a lot of troups around for hire.

I've had the kareokee party where you had to come as your favorite Vocalist and sing at least one song. I rented a machine. Our Elvis MC spent the most time on the mike.
    I dressed as Ziggy Stardust version of David Bowie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads