Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What's your least favorite part of crafting?

What's your least favorite part of crafting?

Who else gets frustrated with creating??? I LOVE to sew. I HATE to cut out patterns, though. Trying to get all those stinking "match up" tabs clipped out drives me bonkers because no matter how careful I am, they NEVER line up. And I just spent 30 minutes cutting out the right leg of a pair of capris--on the WRONG SIDE of the fabric!

I got demerits on my scissor skills in kindergarten. I think that will haunt me for the rest of my life!

2. # ADS

i TOTALLY hear you. i am a pitiful cutter out of fabric and patterns. i am also not very good at math, so when I try to adjust a pattern, or make something smaller/bigger it always comes out wrong. i err on the tiny side, even if I measure and think i've added in seam allowance, whatever I've made will come out MUCH smaller than i meant it to.

regardless, i LOVE to sew, and it is such fun when things come out right. my seams are often a bit crooked too, but i figure that is the beauty of handmade.

My least favourite part is the part where I start to doubt that whatever I'm crafting is a good idea/looks good. I seem to get to that stage no matter what the craft is. I guess I swing back and forth between "this is pure genius!" and "this is crap!" in my head.

Finding the room to actually create in! We have a tiny house and I am forever lugging stuff up from the cellar to use in our spare room which is actually the computer/library/my closet/room. Then I have to pack it up when I'm done because it just gets out of hand and I hate the clutter. Someday I'll have my own studio with plenty of storage!

I crochet, so I have to say that weaving in my ends is killer. Especially an afghan with squares or anything with stripes or multiple color changes. I just recently finished a baby afghan and had 21 ends. And being paranoid about the thing falling apart doesn't make it go faster!

measuring as well as cleaning up paint (i hate rinsing brushes with the fire of a thousand suns).

cleaning up, period. and they call me an adult. ha.

I HATE cutting out too- I hate it so so much, I can't begin to explain how much I hate it. It's not helped by the fact that despite the fact I have a whole room to sew in, I don't have a flat surface big enough to cut out on- and my aching bones mean that getting down on the floor to do it makes me grumpy! (if there was enough clear floorspace in the first place)

I find there's usually a point where a project bores me to tears and I just want to start something new instead of working on it. At that point, I just treat it like I would treat any mildly unpleasant task and assign myself work just to get through it.

starting it. anything. it doesn't matter what the craft is, the hardest part for me is getting over the procrastinating/perfectionist thing long enough to START it.

my second choice would be threading needles, because it always screws up the flow, you know?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads