Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ZANZIBAR!

2. # ADS

I would really like to go to Paris. I know a bit of French and I would love to use it someday. I might be too poor when I get married to have a honeymoon there though. I would also like to do the RV thing and travel everywhere.

tahiti please!

Hubby & I want to explore Australia and New Zealand.

I'd also love to go back to Lucerne, Switzerland. It was amazingly gorgeous and it had the friendliest people of all of Europe.

i just want to go to BORACAY right now! It's a paradise island in the Philippines. Just a 30-minutes ferry ride plus 4 hours bus travel away. Too bad I haven't save any money..i promise to go there next year though =) can't hardly wait to dig my toes in Bora's sugary white sand ..and oh don't forget the sun =) and the smoothies !

Oh gosh...where DON'T I want to go??
    My #1 destination would have to be Switzerland. I can't ski for the life of me, but my Grandpa was born there and I have a ton of family over there. Haven't been there since '93 and I miss it SO badly! I get by on a combination of hs French, a little High German, and a little Swiss-German!
    Other places I'd love to revisit: Brugges, Belgium, England, The Loire Valley.
    I'd love to visit: Sweden/Denmark/Finland, Australia, Greece, Scotland, Ireland.
    In the States: Hawaii, Colorado, Utah, Washington, Texas, Georgia, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Maine/NH/Vermont. Heck...just stick me in an RV and send me on my way!
    I LOVE traveling ANYWHERE!! Now if I could just win the lottery, I'd be all set!

I would go to Germany, in Bavaria near munich! We lived in that area for two years, and miss it terribly. Here is a link to a monastery that was nearby. The monks brew their own beer, too, and the locals love it. There are walking/hiking trails, and even an herb garden in the summer. Oh yes, and you can attend mass. :)

www.andechs.de

This really is a a true Bavarian, local experience. Rick Steves talks about it in his Germany book.

i am in love with travel. it is the happy thought that gets me through the day. i've had a passport for 2 years, just because if i should get the opportunity, i'll take it in a heartbeat. it's sad, being a student and young, people would say that this is the time for me to explore and travel, because i'm not tied down - but i don't have any money!

but as for specific locals, a few come to mind.

1. maccu piccu (spelling). everytime i see pictures of it, it just looks to amazing.

2. tibet - the mountains, the monks, the wool.

3. morocco - everything is just so beautiful, i love the architecture and colors. sadly, this is one place i would not go alone. everytime i read a female solo travel story about morocco, she gets attacked in some way.

4. vancouver - the west coast, the mountains, the liberal attitude. see also portland and seattle

5. toronto - went there as a child, would love to check out one of the many operas

6. paris - silly and romantic, but still, i wanna see it.

7. amsterdam - no it's not for the hookers and drugs! amsterdam is the contemporary art capital of europe. van gogh museum is there, some really neat mod. architecture. and i'd love to see all the bicycles.

8. indonesia - any one seen South Pacific? i wanna find my bali high.

9. tokyo

mkay, it would have been more efficient to list where i don't want to go:

mexico, australia, sub saharan africa, most muslim countries (i'd feel akward not being in a burka), anyplace violent (includes n. ireland sadly) greenland, venezuala, chile, umm, can't think of too many other places.

sorry this is so long, but i literally day dream about travelling by myself everyday. im so addicted to travel writing books, especially ones where women travel alone. might i recommend "sand in my bra" if anyone is interested in women's travel stories.

hmmmmm, well if money weren't an issue...

I think I'd rent an island and Johnny Depp too if possible.

I've traveled already a few places around the world Japan, England, Wales, Ireland, France (including Corsica), Italy including Sardinia and Isscia (sp?), Netherlands, Spain, Portrigal and Egypt.

I eloped to Scotland with my husband.

I hope some day to go to India, China, Austraila and New Zealand. Maybe to other countries in Africa.

By the way, I'm not rich, just very frugal and great at finding budget fares.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads