Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

dream vacations (sigh)

I'm planning my wedding for my "theology of marriage and vocation" class (wrong on so many levels, number one being that it's taught by a nun), and part of the assignment is planning the honeymoon (er, where it's going to be). I chose the Cotswolds in England, where there are thatched-roof cottages and castles and really lovely hotels and towns (including the Cheltenham Park Hotel, where I'm "staying"), and I would actually love to go there. I've been daydreaming about it for the last two hours. Sigh.

So, as the ever-busy month of May approaches, where would /you/ love to go?

2. # ADS

try anywhere but here.

truly i would love to travel around europe or visit the slot canyons out in utah.

The short answer: everywhere. Seriously, everywhere. I read a book about Chechnya last summer and decided I wanted to go to Chechnya.

Specifically, my number one place is India. I want to go to India so ridiculously badly. One of my good friends is originally from Kolkata, and she reunited with one of her old guy friends when she went there a few summers ago. Now they're dating again, and have been for a few years, so I'm pressing really hard for them to get married so I have an excuse to go.

I also really want to go to Morocco and Tunisia.

Finland, to visit my mom's family. And England, and Scotland.. Lots of "lands". I think I'd like to go someplace tropical, too. Like Hawaii. But only because I read about it in a Nancy Drew book and I've thought it was so awesome ever since.

My favorite place to go is anywhere I am, generally. I love to travel, but prefer to have one basic destination than a whirlwind tour or a cruise.

If I'm in the Caribbean, I want to shop and eat at places the locals use, go outside the high rise strip and talk to kids and construction workers.

When I'm with a lover, I still want to do these things. But I'd probably go for more remote, somewhat tropical or at least warm weather.

My three most romantic getaways were Antigua, southern Ireland coast, and Grand Cayman. On Antigua, we stayed in a resort with remote beaches and starlit dancing and a suite facing the Caribbean. Ireland, it was B&Bs along the coast. Grand Cayman, we stayed at a diver's hotel with terrazzo floors, a walk from the main part of town. Drove all over the island and ate local fruits and seafood.

Well, my honeymoon was Paris :) I think the next place we want to go to is St. Petersburg (Russia) or Central America (his idea, I don't like to sweat and can't swim!). The latter would be cheaper though, and he speaks Spanish.

This is a question I can't really answer. I have this desire to visit a place in Africa, but it's not a place to vacation, so it'd be one of those incredibly super-conscious decisions that you sort of have to prepare. I don't tread territory like that lightly, but I so want to visit it. Something near the equator, something so hot you wonder how you can step out and walk around.

And then I wouldn't mind visiting somewhere on the French Riviera. I want to put my French to use but not in Paris (weird?)

I also wouldn't mind visiting Italy, Spain, Germany, places like that. Travel Europe!

I wish I could speak a lot of languages, too.

I also want to visit places like Portland, Oregon and return to NYC again as an adult (I went as a child and had an okay time). Things like that. I'm so bored!

I would love to go to Italy, Spain and France...I love the style of those countries. Downtown we have a historic home district...I can walk through there for hours, I can't imagine what it would be like in Europe.

I would even like to go back to Florida. I'm not big on sun or heat, but my mom's boss has a condo he let us use one year, and it's so beautiful on that beach - nobody around. It's on an island where they even hide their grocery store behind trees, no billboards. It's great.

Honestly, I don't like to travel very far.
    This summer we are planning on renting a little rustic cottage for a few days on Prince Edward Island- Canada. We live in NH and that's about as far as I'm comfortable going. We can even bring our dog :-)
    For our Honeymoon, in 2006, we are planning on going to Austria. The boy spent some semesters there and loves it. He plans on showing me all the castles and such....He can speak fluent German, I can only speak what he has taught the dog. I've never been outside of the US or Canada and I'm scared to death. Just writing this makes my chest tight. But- Since this is what he really wants, and the wedding will pretty much be what I want - I'm being a sport. What is wrong with me?

when I was younger I really, really wanted to be able to buy an RV and travel all over America. I still think that maybe one day that could happen. I would also love to travel Europe, just backpack through or ride the rails as they say. I would love to spend about a month in NYC just to take it all in, and then another time go around the Christmas holiday because you always see all these amazing things in movies and pictures about the holidays in NYC. However, I will tell you all something to cheer you a bit if you're too poor to travel, like I am. I went from living in a small town in Missouri to living in a larger area in California. Everyone in Missouri thinks that California is soooo exotic, but really, going from one place to another isn't so different once you settle in. And there always seems to be something new to discover right in your own town. (Of course, we all still want to get moving, right?lol)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads