Thread: happy thoughts.

happy thoughts.

i've had a rough week. so i'm focusing on happy things that happened to see how good outweighs the bad.

- i had a workshop this morning at my house and there were seven of us making chicana power jewelry boxes. we had so much fun and shared goofy stories and helpful tips on eachothers businesses.

- we are babysitting my sisters beagle named lola. my little chihuahua, bianca, kept snarling at her for two days. finally today they became friends and started playing together!

- i bought all new stuff for one of our bathrooms, that cool tropical line from target! hula girls rock!

- tonight we took the kids to fuddruckers for dinner. i love fuddruckers, their buns are buttered, did you know that?

OK - your turn!! What things happened today that made you smile?

2. # ADS

i cranked out lots of necklaces with the new beads i just splurged on. i love bead shopping, because i sell what i make and can say, "but i'm shopping for the business!"

i got a perfect pair of pants and a soft green t-shirt from the goodwill. how can anyone get rid of a t-shirt at it's softest, most ideally comfy stage?!?

my baby girl makes me laugh every day.

it's gonna be in the mid-70s alllll week:)

-I'm making decent progress on the unpacking and organizing our new place

-I feel 10 times better than I did last week

-Going to Utah next

-Maybe, just maybe, possibly, will have gotten together a few people to have the first ever Triad Stitch n Bitch. Cross your fingers for me

-feeling super creative this week

-Miss Universe is on tonight. I'm such a suck for beauty pagents.

We've been having a dickens of a time finding a reception hall to meet our needs and I've been discouraged especially since I wanted us to get married in October. And Lucky said "We might not be able to get married in the perfect place, but as long as I'm marrying you, I can't ask for anything more."

(And he said it in front of my mother... after I was nursing a kingcrab wound. Damn those things are thorny... What perfect timing!)
    Besides smiling, I was also chairdancing after that line.

--- We were so tired this morning - after a busy (and fun-filled) weekend. Even my 4-year-old had a hard time getting up. When I went to wake her at 7:30 (she's usually up at 7 or before), she told me she was still sleepy. Then she asked me to lay down with her. And she put her wee arm around my neck, as we lay there face to face, resting. Aah!

--- The baby was particularly sweet and smiley this morning.

--- It's hot and sunny today - but not as hot as last week, thank goodness!

I spent the long weekend painting my new condo! I'm still exhausted from painting 8-10 hours a day for three days in a row, but it's gorgeous. I'm so happy with my colors, and everyone said I wouldn't be because I was impetuous and chose them from the paint chips instead of buying quarts and putting them on my walls and viewing them in all different lights. The front part of the great room is a very light lime green (everyone says it's yellow, but it's green), the kitchen and hallway are lavendar, my bedroom is two shades of Tiffany blue, and my bathroom is light pink. I finally decided on a color for the guest bathroom--deep fuschia with a lot of violet. I'm going to make a sample of the exact color I want in my watercolor class on Saturday, then take it to Sherwin Williams to get color matched.

I still have packing ahead of me, but I will get rid of a bunch of crap and it will make me feel better.

A good friend was afraid she was going to get dumped last night, but she didn't, so I'm happy for her.

At the moment:

*It's stopped being cold here and the weather is absolutely glorious. I definitely have SAD because all of a sudden I am filled with tons of energy and creative inspiration. Such as crafts, cooking, & scheming about where to travel in the US and Mexico.

*I'm wearing a really cute vintage dress I bought at a thrift store for a battered women's shelter. The money went to a good cause and it was only $5!

*Things starting to slowly come together in my new job.

*Realizing that various people really do care about me and are looking out for me. I always give him crap, but I realized this weekend how much one friend has really become the overprotective brother I always wanted and never had growing up. And I discovered that my mother had stuck a $100 gift card for Trader Joes (unbelieveable!) in my messenger bag when I wasn't looking.

I've been crafting alot more lately, I made a bandana for my dog and for my sister's dog, and also have made a colonial house style hat, i bought a spool knitter for $3 and my b/f likes to use it, however i can't think of a whole lot of uses for spool knit cords other than possibly for hats...and the dreaded trip to the dentist is over, it was pretty awful yesterday with the numb lip at work, but I'm feeling much better today.
    oh and i found a perfectly good bed frame by the dumpster area yesterday and a friend bought me some bolts and nuts and I have a bedframe, can't decide if I like it or not, but at least i get to try it out for free :)
    jt

-- I've been in a really creative cooking phase, using up lots of random ingredients that have been in the cupboards for ages and making really tasty things. Last night it was vegan tofu lasagna with an ultra spicy sauce (thanks to a couple of chiles added to my batch of pasta sauce).

-- After a few weeks of being *really* disciplined about lifting weights at least once a week, I can see muscles on my arms!

Remove Ads

Ads