Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would you love to unwrap?

As last year, I am making all my Christmas gifts and cards. I like to do it through the year so I am not stressed and rushed, and can afford nice materials.

Last year I made some wintery gifts, like scarves and hot wheaty bags, and some holly leaf votive holders. I am quite happy making wintery things as well, but perhaps not holly leaf votives, and Christmassy things if that makes sense? So perhaps a votive holder that would look just as good in Summer.

Anyway, the point of it is, if you were unwrapping a handmade Christmas gift, what would you want to find in your package? I can knit (but not too complicated!) sew, crochet, I cook, papercraft, and am open to trying new things! Ideas please- I would be so grateful!

2. # ADS

Gosh, it's a tough call because I adore anything handmade and there are positives and negatives to both "useful" gifts and "decorative" ones. I think my favorite gifts are ultimately decorative ones that are "disposable" - like soap and candles. I don't like clutter myself and using something up just adds to it "specialness." On the other hand, one can never get enough accessories, like jewerly, bags, scarves, purses, etc.!!

I've already started on some xmas gifts to give you an idea of what I'm planning:
    -a knitted checkerboard and bag (from "Weekend Knitting")
    -a cable knit shoulder bag
    -a bunch of hats and scarves appropriate for guy friends
    -decorative scarves for female friends
    -melt and pour soaps and candles (great for coworkers!)

If people were to make things for me:

I would love a silver metalworked ring or pendant... or anything with semi precious stones, bracelts, necklaces etc.

I would love a needle wrap.

a homemade lotion bottle holster ( massage therapist here)
    homemade covers for my eye pillows

essential oils ( homemade )
    candles
    soaps
    pottery
    hell anything..

I usually make things for people but no one really makes me anything...

if you like to cook, maybe you could decorate recipe boxes and put recipe cards with your favorites in them for other cooking friends?

i love getting good, easy, tried and true recipes from my mom and sister, and friends. i actually have a recipe binder that i add things into with those plastic page-protectors. I keep meaning to make one for an engagement or additional wedding gift for friends but not getting around to it...

oh, and if you sew, i've heard that pajama pants make a really good gift that it is fairly easy to make in all sizes and comfy materials.

I love homemade soaps and candles, but a pair of warm toasty mittens or socks is always appreciated.

The first thing I thought of when I read, "what would you love to unwrap" was Johnny Depp. That's a different website.

On a more helpful note, I agree with brdgt about getting useful things such as soaps or recipes in a jar. Something I gave as gifts last holiday season were homemade cleaning supplies. I got the recipes from Jean's Getcrafty book and I put them into really cool thrift store bottle finds.

I'm impressed people are already planning for next year!

Cookies!! And the recipe.

gael garcia bernal....
    sorry? what?

Quote Originally Posted by Selah
    The first thing I thought of when I read, "what would you love to unwrap" was Johnny Depp. That's a different website.
    i thought the EXACT same thing... same person too, haha.

well, it's not very practical, i spose, but if you had enough time?... but i think it would be neat to make something specific for each person..

like, if your aunt has recently taken up yoga you can make her a yoga bag to hold her mat.. or your if mom likes to garden, and you can put together a basket of collected seeds and handmade lotions and such.

i love gift giving!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads