Cleveland Tourist

I am going to Cleveland next weekend and I'm wondering if anyone has any cool ideas about cool stuff to see. I am planning to go hear the symphony on Sunday...but Sat is open.... Any places I should avoid?

2. # ADS

well, cleveland IS the national bowling capitol of the world! haha.

hmm, my boyfriend's bro lives there, i'll ask him.

One day???Hmmm..since you'll already be at University Circle for the symphony, put on your walking shoes and check out the NEO show/May show at Art Museum. Botanical Gardens within walking distance of Severance. Lovely. Natural History museum has "Lucy", and a fun planetarium.

If downtown, some nice galleries tucked away. Rock Hall of Fame on Lake, and Great Lakes Science/Imax next door.

Check out the West Side Market- largest and oldest continually operating produce market in US. Vendor stalls are passed down through families. Go inside the building for an amazing array of artisan foods. Very yummy, and a fav. for us. Surrounding neighborhood, Ohio City, diverse and vibrant.

Flats, along river, OK, but kinda trendy bar scene. May be dull during the day.

Other side of Downtown, adjacent to CSU campus, is Asian section. Lots of yummy restuarants and and Asian mall. #1 Pho (Vietnamese)on Superior is tres yummy. Dim sum resturants on Payne?

Stinkerbelle would know more than me...I'm south of Cleve. If you have a car, more options.

The Phillips Collection will be at the Cleveland Museum of Art until May 29th:

http://www.clevelandart.org/exhibcef/phillips/html/

just a warning though...I went last Saturday and it was PACKED. So I dont' know if you'll want to avoid that one or brave the crowd :)

eek double post!

I want to book a hotel on Priceline.com near to Severence Hall. Can someone tell me what part of Cleveland that is? Is it Cleveland Heights?

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is pretty cool.

Remove Ads

Ads