Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

expensive french perfume

theres one thing that i have been wanting to buy for soooo long but i just cant bring myself to do it.

-jean paul gaultier classique
    -$90 for a small bottle
    -smells gorgeous
    -goes against everything that i stand for

i mean should i really spend this much money on smelling nice when i could be feeding the african childeren? or saving to get my car fixed? or buying some nice clothes from the op-shop?

what to do what to do

2. # ADS

Okay.

Okay.

Just. do. it.

Use sparingly.

Because 90 dollars isn't going to fix any problems in society, except temporary ones.

We all have our luxuries.

ditto soapandwater. we all deserve our little splurges and luxuries!

i totally agree that you need to indulge yourself, but i don't agree that $90 can't fix any social problems. small contributions can and do make differences.

look at what an organization like Doctors Without Borders can do with what seems like too little money to help: http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/donate/what.shtml

not that i can't spend $90 on yarn in about 5 minutes, of course.

Actually they have it on perfumebay.com for cheaper. Or go to a perfumania, or ebay for it.
    If you buy a tester bottle, it's usually cheaper too. The testers basically just don't have a cap, and they're marked tester on the bottom. But they haven't ever been used. You're just cutting out paying for the packing that gets thrown out anyways.

At the perfumebay, they have it for 60 bucks for the 3.3oz tester bottle. There's shipping too, but it's still cheaper.

mmmm go for it
    i always splurge on my two faves, emporio by armanni and chance by chanel (the only non-old-lady smelling chanel scent! no offense to those who enjoy the traditional #5)

It's a splurge- but even a tiny bottle will last a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by insistal
    It's a splurge- but even a tiny bottle will last a very long time.
    Yeah, I wanted to buy a new perfume for my wedding a year and a half ago. I only ever wear it now on special occasions and I haven't even really made a dent in it. It was pretty pricey (though not the most expensive I could have bought), but every time I wear it, my husband's like, 'mmm you smell really nice'.

So worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by illybang
    mmmm go for it
    i always splurge on my two faves, emporio by armanni and chance by chanel (the only non-old-lady smelling chanel scent! no offense to those who enjoy the traditional #5)
    this is one of the few areas I feel non-guilty about splurging in, too. once a year or so I'll get a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle (I like Chance, but it doesn't smell as good on me as this does, why? because I'm an old lady, hehe. I really do like Chance's peppery smell, though). I don't buy expensive clothes or shoes or anything, so I figure it's okay to do this. I usually get a bottle of Happy, too, for the workday. one of the two is always a holiday gift, so I only end up buying one.

I think I went off-topic. back on, I think it's fine to splurge every now and then. especially if you're already helping out where you can. and as far as saving for car-fixing goes, as long as you're not going into debt to buy perfume, sometimes a little splurge helps you not feel as boo-hiss about saving money.

like, sometimes I feel like working is pointless because all the money goes to bills, then I'll get a cute bag at Target that I don't really NEED but have been wanting for a month (an $8 bag at that) and it makes me feel less like a drone. does that even make sense?

I don't like to wear perfume - scent-sensitive and special boy has allergies ... but I do always buy nice facial cleanser, scrub and moisturizer, which I feel is sa bit of splurge (whole kit costs me about $45 and I have to replenish every month or so.

If you will really enjoy it and it will last a long time, go for it!

Anyone know how long you can keep a bottle of perfume before it starts losing its scent?

del

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads