Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I feel like a dork posting this;but I need help with ALGEBRA

I have approximately 3 hours, then Monday and Tuesday to become an expert in algebra. I'm relatively smart; I can read things and understand them. Unless ofcourse, they're made for not so smart kids. Everything in my math lessons on this internet school thing is done in simple diagrams, without actually explaining it. And I don't understand any of it.

Does anyone have ANY idea of some sites i could look at to help me understand this damn thing?!

2. # ADS

Eurgh, nevermind. I wish I could delete this post. :x

This is a perfect place to post for help, I'm glad you didn't delete your message. Having said that, I can offer no personal help since algebra kicked my behind when I was in school. But I googled it and this site looks like it might be helpful. Hope it helps!

http://www.algebrahelp.com/

Can you be a bit more specific on where you're getting stuck?

I used to do algebra for fun at the dinner table.

I'm getting stuck on uh- everything. Monomials, polynomials, expontential growth, slope-intercept crap. It just- all turns me into a babbling idiot. :\

honestly, i don't think you have the time. there's a reason algebra is taught in college over a couple of semesters. it can be pretty complicated. if you have a test you need to take and you know the specific questions that will be on it, i might be able to give you some advice.

have you tried picking up an "algebra for dummies" type book? those can be easier to understand.

Go here!!!!
    http://www.askrose.org/

Rose-Hulman Institute is an awesome university here in Indiana. My husband hires a lot of graduates from Rose for his biomedical company. My ninth grade son is in Honors Algebra II and this has helped him when my husband wasn't home to help!

Good luck!

EDITED TO ADD:
    CRAP!!!! The hotline both online and phone is shut down until September since it follows Rose's school year. (It just ended Thursday this past week. Ugh) But here is a link to their algebra page:
    http://www.askrose.org/zone.shtml?math-algebra

oh god.
    i feel your pain.
    it took me forever to get y=mx+b down. i thought i was a failure at sixteen. i even failed a test on it.

does your school not provide tutors?

Ew, I hateslopesand that formula alone had me all mixed up. I kept trying to use y and the y-intercept as opposed to b. AND, I'm doing my schooling online, and no, there's no provided help anyways, not even links in the lesson.
    Thanks for the site link, Pam!

all i can offer you is my best of luck. i've gotten every grade possible in intro algebra, having taken it several times, finally passed, proceeded to intermediate, failed and had to go back to intro.... and like i was going to go through that torture again! been having problems with math since we started those damn multiplication tables in 2nd grade.... if i had more than basic math skills, perhaps i would have gone thru with "normal" college. but i think it's just the universe keeping me from doing well at math. if i had that skill down, i'd probably wind up being some evil genuis.... good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads