Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

i collect

elves!

i accidentally knocked the first little ceramic elf off the mantle ! his legs and head popped off. i cried. i have a few more in my collection, like some ceramic ones, cloth ones with plastic faces and there are even some red deer to go along with them. they sit on my mantle now - ever since christmas!!

2. # ADS

collections are fab, i agree! what do i collect?

+ crystals: believe it or not, somewhere in my punkass heritage i am new agey, much to my own surprise... though i just like to collect pretty rocks i find in general.

+ eyeshadow: i'm an eyeshadow junkie.

+ childcraft encyclopedia sets and other old children's books... i like old school girl & boy scout related business and anything having to do with fairy tales.

+ madame alexander dolls: my mom started my own collection, so that's her thing really but it's rubbed off.

I collect wine! well, I also drink it...sometimes. I can find some great deals and sample a wide variety. I'm no expert, but it's fun to explore.
    I admit to being a candle collector for years and have a cabinet devoted to candles that's overflowing. I must have 100 candles around my house and love to burn them.
    So, that's me: drinkin wine and burnin candles.

i collect WAY too much stuff. a lot of which is used to make something with at a later date:

* tins and funky little boxes (cardboard ones, too, to make something with)
    * interesting paper & giftwrap, calendar pages, plastic bags, old jewelry, #6 plastic food containers, jeans and old woven fabrics - all things to rip up and make something new out of.
    * junk jewelry from my great aunts - lots of brooches, clip on earrings (many of which are singles and have been trying to figure out SOMETHING to do with the oddballs....)
    * funky little birds (though i made most of them)
    * sanrio stuff (a lot of it is circa 1980's)
    * i still have my childhood sticker collection
    * metal lunchboxes (real ones, not reproductions)
    * would love to collect NW indian baskets but so far just have one because they are crazy expensive. definitely worth it, tho.
    * i was given a HUGE box continaing someone else's cookie cutter collection.
    * a pretty good collection of little 1950's cookbooks - the little grocery store aisle paperback stapled kind.
    * old scarves
    * a massive late 80's/early 90's tape collection of "alternative" music that i just can't part with.

and there's probably more than i can even think of....

these are just the ones that I am actively adding to right now, and I'm not counting collections of stuff that I use to make other stuff (why yes, I'm a packrat, how did you guess?):

* postcards -- oldest collection, ever since the first vacation that I remember (Smoky Mountains)

* deer (especially reindeer) -- second oldest collection, I've been adding to it every now and then since I was a kid

* squished pennies from those machines

* kitschy owls -- I have a fondness for them because my mom used to have a modest collection going on, she got rid of all of them a while back though

* old craft books and old kids' books, especially Little Goldens

* stationery

* art from indie artists, especially small (read: affordable) pieces -- right now they're mostly all one style, but I'm sure my tastes will change at some point

* cute elephant drawings, none of that "safari elephant" stuff -- newest collection

* and I'm sort of collecting religious iconographic stuff (I'm lost as to correct terminology), I feel really drawn to it right now for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by sarabell
    * a massive late 80's/early 90's tape collection of "alternative" music that i just can't part with.
    OH MY GOD I have this too, only it's late 90s and half of the tapes are stuff I taped off the radio.

even when I have the CD it's hard to get rid of the tape because those were the first tapes of the devil's music that I ever owned. almost all of them were bought the year I graduated, when I found the best hiding place ever in my car.

I forgot one

LOVE LOVE LOVE snowmen ...... of course I only dispaly all of them at Christmas. My tree is all snowmen too! love them

It so fun to try and get a glimpse of who you folks really are from your collections, kind of like reading tea leaves.

Analyze this--->

-Painted vintage maracas
    -Marimekko fabric
    -Southeast Asian textiles
    -Rocks
    -Vintage children's books & board games
    -Dominos
    -Orange enamel kitchenware
    -Thrift store muffin tins

Pretty much just shells and rocks. I used to collect stamps haphazardly.

I have a huge shell collection and I've just started collecting rocks. The rocks are mostly oval shaped, smooth, and have a pretty color.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads