Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a total, complete packrat. In trying to come to overcome this, Iím no longer actively collecting ANYthing, except maybe cool fabrics and other stuff to make stuff out of. (Yet I still find myself SURROUNDED by stuff I FIND! it's both a blessing and a curse.)

Anyway, I used to collect, so I still have a lot of, but am not adding to the following:
    dia de los muertos stuff
    religious icons
    crosses
    kitschy travel souvenir plates
    snake stuff
    vintage ceramic white animals
    vintage purses
    vintage hats
    vintage jewelry
    ceramic and crystal pitchers
    carved fabric stamps
    boxes, boxes and more boxes

OH yeah... chairs. I have way too many chairs, back in Providence, and here in CA. and nowhere to put them. silly.

2. # ADS

Aprons! I have boxes and boxes of vintage aprons. They are starting to take over my house, but I keep getting more!

I also have a sizeable amount of brightly colored Mexican kitchenwear that I've picked up here and there.

any kind of cute or funky looking animal - stuffed animal, painting, ceramic whatever.

Black cats - not collecting live ones although I have two of them - I collect other black cat stuff - like a bobblehead I found one time because our oldest cat, Loki, used to be a bobblehead - everytime you'd walk up to him his head would go all over the place. He grew out of it though =(

Books. Mostly stuff I currently read although I do still have all the books I had from when I was little. Somewhere.

Pens. This isn't a conscious collection thing - it's more of an inadvertant accumulation. We have the little pen cup next to the computer full, I have at least five in my purse and I also have a nightstand drawer FULL of them. They're all different kinds. I have an obsession with pens - like when one writes really well. That and paper too - scratchy paper and a scratchy pen drive me crazy.

Cute halloween stuff. The most recent was Frankenstein and Pumpkin plastic cups from Michael's last Oct., Size of a regular glass and the entire thing is an elongated pumpkin (w/ a face) and the other is Frankenstein's head. I LOVE them.

i collect pez, sunglasses, and records

when i was younger i collected stamps, coins, and got milk ads

I just moved to a new place. The moving guy said, "for a single lady, you sure have a lot of chairs." Maybe he knows what he's talking about? Maybe I collect chairs?

Insect Art, mostly beetles. I steer clear of butterflies and dragonflies because they're on everything. Paintings, jewelry, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea
    Pens. This isn't a conscious collection thing - it's more of an inadvertant accumulation. We have the little pen cup next to the computer full, I have at least five in my purse and I also have a nightstand drawer FULL of them. They're all different kinds. I have an obsession with pens - like when one writes really well. That and paper too - scratchy paper and a scratchy pen drive me crazy.
    man. you'd be a server's best friend. they go through pens like crazy, haha.

OOH! I completely forgot about my hats and gloves!

hubby and i collect records; we're some of the few people we know who actually get new albums on vinyl. plus, we like to find weird old records at yard sales.

i collect vintage cameras. (i'm a photographer.)

hubby collects jeserabilia (jesus art, etc.)

Oh dear god, I'm almost embarassed to admit them but I collect:

-import hello kitty and some american stuff

-geeky salt and pepper shakers (like with chemical formulas or made of legos)

-stationary, i am a paper whore that's trying to use it

-sock monkies

-maneki neko aka lucky cats

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads