Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

What do you collect?

Wow! How much time do you have? LOL!!
    I used to be a packrat but a very bad relationship cleaned out all my "stuff" and I discovered that I didn't miss most of it!
    BUT I'm totally packrat with:
    -anything with parrots on it, in it, through it, etc. In fact, I live with a real parrot!!!
    -bead, beadwork
    -scrapbooking stuff
    -paper in general
    -anything with Daffy Duck on it (as you get to know me it will become obvious as to why!)

I also have a "thing" for organizational items, like plastic baskets, etc. It's not really a "collection" but it is an obsession!! LOL!

2. # ADS

maka10...Ditto on the organizational items. My DH jokes that I am obsessed, and he's absolutely right! LOL!!

Dinosaurs. Most are arranged in a nativity scene, with others here and there throughout the house.
    Beads. Hardly ever do beading, but no way can I part with any of these beads.
    Fabric. Ohmigosh. She who dies with the most fabric wins. The winnah!

I collect hello kitty stuff, those homies figurines that come out of the coin machines in grocery stores, and pez dispensers.

Oh, and cat toys. My cat Raiden literally owns all of the small, soft toys that can be bought in Wichita Falls stores.

trash. no joke.. if i see something neat on the road/sidewalk, i'm picking it up. i'm convinced i'll be able to use it at some point.

What do you Collect?

Before I moved to NYC I collected typewriters and will begin to do so again as soon as we move away. I used to collect slips and crinolines, but someone gave them away by accident!! All of my collections are in storage or have disappeared. I collect clothing, I used to go to Value Village three times a week in Vancouver, ha ha. It was a problem. I collect antique photographs of strangers. The cool thing to collect now is owls! hah. Everyone is getting obsessed with them.

As a natural-born packrat, I have tons of unintentional "collections," but for the sake of brevity I'll keep this list to things I have on purpose. =op

* original metal lunchboxes...I have almost 30 of them
    * flannel fabric... I think I have enough flannel to make pajama pants for everyone I know... and then everyone they know. I have a lot of flannel.
    * beads, particularly handmade lampwork beads... though of course any kind of bead will do!
    * squished pennies
    * mounted insects
    * handmade jewelry... I love to buy jewelry from the person who made it, but I almost never wear it

Oooooh buddy. I used to have a serious packrat/collecting addiction but when I moved overseas I learned to just cut it! Things I still collect, though not feverishly:

*fairies and dragonflies (I am super picky though. They can't be bubbly looking or too cutesy, they have to look real or sparkle a lot) This is mostly for my baby's room. She doesn't know it but she's into it!

*Those cheesy tourist spoons. I started collecting them in elementary school and never stopped. Started with Alabama and now have loads from all over the world. My husband added his few to my collection too.

*Depression glass. This was by accident as I inherited a decent sized collection when I got married, then was gifted with some dg dessert plates. I don't let myself get too carried away with it though. The only thing I bought myself was the cake plate!

*Fortune cookie papers. They are useful when you're making cards for people, they have just the right pick me up for those "getchyoself happy" cards.

*Vintage european poster ads. Not origonals, though that would be awesome. When we lived overseas we went crazy, but damn does our kitchen look neat!

*My husband collects maps. Mostly of the states and countries he has been to, and when I showed him a neat project to do with them from a martha stewart magazine, he was very interested. He may be my kind of crafty after all!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads