Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

what do you collect?

I'm sure that this is on here somewhere else, but collections are so fun and wonderful that of course they bear repeating. So what do you find that you must take home? I collect all things Hello Kitty (I'm not sure how this even started, lol, but now I love her), childrens picture books-mostly from my own childhood, and glass soda and other drink bottles with interesting labels such as jones and Rat Bastard Root Beer.

Some other things I have many of but don't necessarily collect include stuffed animals (my boyfriend, manly man he is, collects wolf and dog animals, I love all the odd and unusal ones), videos, and books, books books.

I'm a packrat by nature but stuff brings me pleasure and I'm usually organized...if I could just get all my furniture in I'd probably be mostly clean again, lol. So tell me, what kind of stuff do you like to surround yourself with?

2. # ADS

i collect buddhas...tinny ones that i usually get from china town and other places in sf. i also collect fashion magazines. i have tons of subscriptions, they're so inspiring :)

kitchen wear(mostly antique), especialy cups, and especialy especialy tea cups. its frustrating, though, somtimes because people always like to sell antique cups in sets...and i just want one!
    and magazines for me, too.

I have a couple of different collections.
    1) reproduction food product tins. These are on a multi-tiered wall shelf in my retro-decorated kitchen.
    2) a pin/badge collection started way back in high school. I don't have these displayed anywhere at the moment, but I do still add to it occasionally.
    3) I have 2 mini curio cabinets on my bedroom walls. 1 is for misc miniature things, like silly toys and such. The other holds all my miniatures from me and my family's travels abroad. A Steiff teddy bear from Germany, a hand-carved wooden tea set from Switzerland, small glass "candies" from Italy, A brass donkey and camel from Israel, a tiny hand-painted plate from a visiting Japanese artistm, etc. Some are my finds, some are things my parents or sister got for me.

i'm a total packrat but i want to live in Zenlike simplicity, so i try to discourage myself from collecting things. i do collect fruit or vegetable shaped salt and pepper shakers, but only if they're from the thrift store.

I collect vintage Pyrex, mostly from the 50's and 60's. I just love it. Luckily, it's something I can use, so my boyfriend doesn't really have a problem with my obsession taking up our whole kitchen.

i used to collect fortune cookie fortunes (wow that's a bit redundant), but while i'm at uni i hardly ever go for chinese, so my collection is at a standstill.

I love mugs, especially funky ones. We barely have two mugs the same in our house, though we have close to 30 of them. My favourites are my Star Wars mug and one I bought at a teeny shop dedicated to Alice in Wonderland in Oxford that says "Drink Me" and has a picture of the white rabbit on it.

Everytime I see a cool mug I want to buy it. I have a serious problem.

Ahh too many collections!
    *big eyed kid paintings
    *deer
    *teapots
    *vintage textiles
    *1950s china
    *dinosaurs (well I think i've got on top of that addiction now)
    *star wars
    * art!

*pigs
    *snowglobes
    *baskets

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads