Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: what's your current project???

I'm working on a complicated cross stitch project with a medieval theme that's stitched on linen.
    mele likes this.

2. # ADS

wow, yeah i usualy have a bajilion projects going on at once... i like to make clothing and jewelry and such,
    mele likes this.

projects and such

i have a ton of things going right now.
    1- still working on a cool t-shirt rag rug from my mom (knitting)
    2- still (shamefully) working on an embroidered tote bag for a friend (FROM CHRISTMAS)
    3- hinging together 3 old french doors to paint on the glass panels and make a 'room divider' type thing
    4- painting another old six-pane window for a fundraiser (see blog for last six-pane project)
    5- i got this idea from someone on one of these forums- i want to make a 'mobile' from a tireless bake wheel and strings of beads from an old beaded curtain my dog destroyed. i'll punch holes around the 'tire' part of the wheel, attach the beaded strings, and hang from the ceiling.

Re: projects and such

Quote Originally Posted by slaster138
    2- still (shamefully) working on an embroidered tote bag for a friend (FROM CHRISTMAS)
    Hehe...I've been working (off and on) on this x-stitch for 2 YEARS!!

And that's only 1/4 done. Not even including cleaning and framing.

I also just finished another Christmas x-stitch I was going to give my grandma 3 christmas's ago. =)

My problem is I get tired of doing things, so I'll stop for a couple weeks or months. =P

I'm working on making a robot lamp - still in idea, material garthering stage. I've never made a lamp before but am excited to try. I received some great tips and encouragement from crafters here.

I'm also working on framing some vintage children's playing cards.

This summer my partner and I are going to paint our sleighbed some funky colors. I'm not a fan of the bed and this is a cheaper and more fun way to get a "new" bed. Still working on what colors and pattern?
    mele likes this.

slaster138, what's a tireless bake wheel? i can't even begin to conceive of what that might look like.

i'm working on a pair of fingerless mitten things for my sister's friend in this gorgeous red and orange kettle-dyed wool from Uruguay (not Manos, which i find too scratchy, but Malabrigo). i have 3 or 4 other partial knitting projects, but i didn't get *any* knitting done last semester so they've been languishing in obscurity.

One of the scarf patterns from Knitty, a cotton baby blanket for my cousin who's due any day now, a novel, a collection of short stories, and a compilation of some poems my friends and I wrote in high school...oh, yeah, and getting my room clean so my parents will get off my back about it. :p

I'm trying a trinity stitch in knitting for the first time... the pattern is only 4 rows, but I keep getting confused. It will be a shoulder shrug when it's done....

Oh man... those dinos are so cute. Love 'em! Would have missed that entirely, so, thanks for posting it.

brdgt, how's that checkerboard and bag working out? I've been toying with the idea of making that.

Me, I spent an entire day finishing things up, knitting-wise. Do any of you knit a bunch of stuff and then do all the finishing (sewing, blocking, etc) for several projects all at once? I don't know why I do this, but I do...

Anyways, included in the bunch were a couple of drawstring bags from Claire Crompton's new book, THE KNITTER'S BIBLE. Also made a Booga Bag recently (pattern:

http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html
    )

Quote Originally Posted by E. Bess
    brdgt, how's that checkerboard and bag working out? I've been toying with the idea of making that.
    I finished the bag last week and I'm over half way done with the checkerboard! I had to rip it out about halfway through because I made a stupid mistake, but it went faster after that. In a way, ripping it out was fascinating, since it it reversible - you are essentially knitting two different sides at the same time, but joining them at key points.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads