worried about kitty

i am a nervous wreck today and i need some advice/consoling. its been terribly hot and humid these past few days, and my poor baby diabetic cat is at home alone. she has been sprawled out on the tile floor of the bathroom, and we have no a.c. there is a fan on her, but she seems too hot to eat. her father and i are both at work all day. she is diabetic so i have to give her insulin, and i am terrified she'll get low blood sugar and have a seizure since she seems too hot to eat (which happened last summer too, but luckily i was at home and able to help her). i don't have anyone that could drop in and check on her, and i live too far away from my office to do it myself.

i am terrified to go home tonight. please make me feel better!!!!

2. # ADS

poor kitty! and poor you! all i can offer is comfort, as i don't have any helpful kitty stories.

my neice has a pet rabbit that they put in rabbit daycare in NYC when they went on vacation-- do they maybe have air conditioned kitty daycare you could put your kitty in until she feels like eating? or maybe can you take her to be groomed someplace that will keep her during the day until you pick her up after work? maybe even one day of cool a/c will perk her up.

do they have kitty glucose that you could put in her mouth? it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some around. i imagine sugar is sugar when you have to keep any creature's blood levels up.

i know sometimes when people aren't eating, we hold their insulin rather than giving 'em a dose.

i just got home, and she is okay. she's hot, but seems to have eaten a little and used the litter. h_pets, we do have karo syrup around just in case, which is easier to administer cos i pour it down her throat and rub her neck, or use a baby medicince syringe (rather than having to crush something, stick it behind her teeth/tongue and inevitibly get bitten!).

b.e., the groomer idea is fabulous. i will totally look into that...she needs a cleaning anyway! i don't know of any daycares that aren't doggie specific though, and i hate the idea of having her in a cage. i'll do some research though!

i am going to give her her dinner dose now and watch her all evening, and skip it in the morning. i have half-days on friday so i'll be sure to get right home and check on her.

thanks for all of your support and advice! catter says thanks too (well, she said "meow", but i think it translates in this case)!

Ohhhh.. Poor kitty. I know mine have been hot all day. I try to show them cool places to be but they go right back to the hot couch.
    I wish I lived closer than Kingston so I could run run over and check on her for you!

maybe freeze a gallon milk jug full of water and place it right behind the fan that is blowing on her during the day (refreeze at night of course hehe) that will make the air blowing on her cooler.

You can also get her groomed so that her hair is clipped shorter to help her stay cool.

And put lots of ice cubes in her water dish so that her water stays cold for her.

Poor kitty!

Remove Ads

Ads