View Poll Results: How much do you pay for rent monthly?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • under $500

30 21.74%
  • $501-700

34 24.64%
  • $701-1,000

35 25.36%
  • $1,001-1,300

15 10.87%
  • $1,301-2,000

10 7.25%
  • over $2,000

5 3.62%
  • Nothing, I live with my parents

9 6.52%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

How Much Do You Pay for Rent?

rmeb's "You should buy a condo" thread got me wondering how much people are paying for rent. You don't have to post your numbers because that's a weird internet thing. I'm no statistician but I'm curious to see what the poll tells us.

2. # ADS

of course, it all has to do w/ where you live, and what you are paying for.

i don't mind posting #s. in the greater cincinnati area, i pay $690 for a 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment.

double post. oops.

i live with my parents now, but when i move to Davis i will be paying around $500/month for a room (own bedroom, shared bath) in a shared house in a really awesome location.

when i used to live in San Francisco, i paid $535 a month for my shoebox-sixed room in a 3/1 apartment in a scenic but otherwise crappy location (Presidio).

This topic has been sorely on my mind lately as I'm looking for a new place. What I'd really like is half of a duplex, so that we can have a small backyard and... it would just feel more like home. Sadly we can't afford anything nice like that right now, since we're both (boyfriend and I) students living on part-time, low pay jobs and parents' help.

We pay $655 for a 700 sq ft one bedroom, one bath, in denver. For the area it's an okay deal, but we could really use two bedrooms. We're in a highrise too, with noisy neighbors! Boo. This apartment hunt is exhausting.

we pay very little (<$500 for 2 bedroom, 1 ba, HUGE living room on over an acre in the woods) because we live in a shared-living arrangement with bachelor relatives upstairs. they have an enclosed entrance and they don't use the kitchen (unless they want me to cook something for them that can't be done in their microwave or electric frying pan.) we don't run into them unless it's intentional. we have our privacy but still have the comfort of having someone around, which is nice when you live on acreage in the woods! and it's always nice to have someone that can pick up something from town when they're there without having to make a special trip.

We pay $1225 for a 2b 2b condo with garage in San Diego.

three hundred for half of a two bedroom house in champaign.

full basement and a darkroom. but i'm leaving it for portland. damn.

I've got to get out of Boston. Rent is $$$!!!

We pay $630 for 500 square foot one bedroom in upstate New York. Water and gas are included which isn't bad for around here from what I've heard. But, I swear some of that square footage is incuding our stairway in our apartment, one tall flight of useless empty space. I'm sure they will also raise rent again next month like they do, the same added $25 they do everytime you resign your lease. When we moved in almost 4 years ago we paid $575.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads