Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

the trouble with gregories

ah I could go on forever
    (especially about Gregory, in case you didnt notice)
    Parel, i hate to admit that for years i got gregory peck confused with, cough, gregory hines (i get last names mixed up, what can i say?). reading to kill a mockingbird confused the hell out of me in high school because of this (since gregory peck - hines in my head - was in the movie): i was halfway through the book before i realized atticus and scout were white, and i kept expecting scenes with tap dancing.

sigh.

2. # ADS

Re: the trouble with gregories

Quote Originally Posted by "msfish
    Parel[/b], i hate to admit that for years i got gregory peck confused with, cough, gregory hines (i get last names mixed up, what can i say?). reading to kill a mockingbird confused the hell out of me in high school because of this (since gregory peck - hines in my head - was in the movie): i was halfway through the book before i realized atticus and scout were white, and i kept expecting scenes with tap dancing. sigh.
    msfish, as someone who had to teach To Kill a Mockingbird to high school freshmen, I have to say this is HILARIOUS - in a cute, endearing way, of course ;). The freshmen may have paid more attention if there had been tap dancing.

Side question to keep this relevant: Does anyone know which now-super-famous actor made his film debut in To Kill a Mockingbird? Hint: He played Boo Radley.

Alison, whose mother complained about having pale legs the other day by saying she looked like Boo Radley, which is pretty great use of literary allusion in everyday speech when you think about it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by leCandypopRock
    5. ROPE - most underrated alfred hitchcock film
    And to think how the movie COULD have been if only Jimmy Stewart had played more into the homoerotic feel that I think Hitchcock was originally planning on.

Mmm, delicious vintage Jimmy.

i've been getting into hitch films latelly (i also watch the making of each film) so far i've seen: the birds, psycho, north by northwest, strangers on a train, rear window, to catch a thief, vertigo, and marnie. i've LOVED them all. old films are so much cooler bc the fashion was the best. aside from hitch films i really enjoy sunset blvd "i am big. it's the pictures that got small" and the wizard of oz....damn so many good ones...8 1/2 bc its chaotic, fashionable, and weird..i'm sure i'll think of more later.

Quote Originally Posted by revafisheye
    One of my faves, Gaslight, is on Turner Classic movies right now...and (my fave) a very young Angela Lansbury. Delicious.
    Did you know that they had to wait for AL to turn 18 before they could film a scene in which she smokes a cigarette? Just a tidbit ;)

And the whole Peck/Hines thing is adorable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads