Thread: staying "quit"

staying "quit"

I quit smoking a year & 1/2 ago... started using the Commit Lozenge instead. Now I am "hooked" on the lozenge.. and I am spending just as much $$ on that (if not more) than my half a pack a day habit (which I miss, to be honest).

Anybody else taking this stuff? I will probably grow a horn out of my forehead in about 20 years because of this...

2. # ADS

I have no idea. I "quit"smoking in march this year, but i still have, maybe, two a week.

You're a very strange girl.

-Jera

oh...

ahh a response! Yes, I am very strange... but in a very nice way I like to think... ummm, if you still smoke a couple a week do you really consider yourself "quit"???

I quit smoking like 5 years ago. I still buy the nicorette gum. I crave it when I have a couple drinks. I've heard that getting hooked on it is pretty common. The pharmacist told me if you want to quit the gum, it's a good idea to use the patch just like you're quitting smoking.

Re: oh...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthi
    ahh a response! Yes, I am very strange... but in a very nice way I like to think... ummm, if you still smoke a couple a week do you really consider yourself "quit"???
    No, and thus, the quotes.
    -Jera
    =c)

When I quit smoking four years ago, I used Jolly Ranchers. So I suggest working in a hard candy to every other Commit Lozenge, until you are just on the candy. Good Luck!
    -Amelia

Gum and popsicle sticks worked for my dad too...maybe use a combination of things so that you aren't using just those lozenges.

I got pregnant. That was my motivation. My father sucked on straws when he was driving. He said it was more of a subconscious hand to mouth thing and the straws helped. Nicorette Gum and the patch were worthless for him, but hypnosis worked for a while.

I read that you can try to psych yourself out by drinking a big glass of water and taking a short, brisk walk when you crave a cigarette. Tell yourself that if you still REALLY want one in an hour, then you can have one. I'd try to get off the lozenge, though, especially if you think it has become as addictive as the smokes.

Remove Ads

Ads