Lifetime Real Women

This channel just popped up on my system last week & I am totally digging it. Anyone else seen it?

2. # ADS

Heard of it but Adelphia hasn't added it to our lineup yet. They don't care....they sold the place to comcast and will not have to deal with us in a years time. LOL

Lifetime channel is fun once in a while but overall it tends to bum me out. Seems like they always have some movie on about a woman who gets victimized by a guy. Informative to a degree, but depressing as hell.

From what I've seen so far the stuff on this new channel is more uplifting & "girl power" They have these cool clips on the commercial breaks that have interesting (and usually crafty!) women from all walks of life talking about how they started their businesses. The other night they had a thing on that showcased clothing lines and magazines that promote a realistic & healthy body image for teenage girls. In short, the women they feature really seem to be "real" - not the alien size 2 plastic surgery dolls we always see, but more like the types of people you're likely to know and hang out with - people who are down to earth and intelligent. I've only watched a couple shows, but that's my impression so far.

I'm generally not a fan of lifetime. It seems like every single movie has the message that men = the spawn of all that is evil and are always portrayed that way.
    I'm just not really into "genderdized" tv because it seems segregrational to me.

Agreed. This is actually a totally different channel, but they probably should have come up with a more distinctive name to keep from confusing people.

Remove Ads

Ads