Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most Expensive Hairdo?!

Holy Smokes!!!! I just got the most AWESOME hairdo!!! I feel like a new person. My 13 and 12 year old told me I look like a rock star when I walked in the door!!

I tried out this funky looking salon in the Broad Ripple section of Indianapolis (Broad Ripple is kind of like our little SoHo...or something). I knew it looked cool from the outside and I was sooooooo happy when I saw the inside. The name of the salon is Flamingo and sure enough, there are pink flamingos everywhere. Plus super retro stuff and fun, bright colors everywhere!

Carol, the owner, did my hair and I am so happy! She colored, cut and highlighted it and man, I really DO feel like a rock star! (as opposed to a baseball mom of three boys stuck in the suburbs)

The only shocker came when I went to pay. I guess I should ask first before I agree to having that all done. I thought I was just gonna get a haircut. Oops. I also purchased some hair products to do my new style with. Want the bill?

*drum roll*

$168.00 for the hair
    $91.00 for the products
    $49 tip

HAHAHAHA I am in SOOOOO MUCH TROUBLE! I have never paid that much for a hair do in my life! Or even close. A few $100 with tip bills, but that is it. OMG.

How about you? Do you splurge?

(my middle son is on the telephone with my mom telling her about how I look like a rock star..ROFL)

Purple salon chair http://www.snapnpost.com/queen/photo...-41f94c22f995/

Retro Jane Fonda, Richard Simmons, etc records on the wall http://www.snapnpost.com/queen/photo...-7d518ac80899/

One of my hair pics (battery died before I could get more up) http://www.snapnpost.com/queen/photo...-3cb4881524ce/

2. # ADS

Wow, what a fun place to get your hair cut!

I totally understand how crazy expensive hair cuts can be (just cut mine a couple weeks ago) but as long as you don't make it a weekly habit, spending some hard earned cash on making yourself feel beautiful is not a bad thing!

Rock on, Rock Star!

Pam, that is a darling cut and color job! Very sweet.

*faints*

But you look AWESOME!

Are you sure you're NOT a rock star?

I am goggling your hair.

Well,
    I don't think it's that bad really. You won't *have* to re-buy the products. Just look for cheaper but the same versions of them, and get those instead.
    Also, if you keep the style the same, you can just get trims after this, and it won't be as much because it's just a trim.
    But I think that a really good haircut like you got is worth the expensive price tag. yes, you can go to places like Fantanstic Smams and get an okay but not that wonderful super inexpensive cut. But it's not the same at all, and actually is probably MORE of a waste of money, if you think about it.

Just cut back on some other area of expense, like coffees or eating out or something, to make up for it.
    Congrats on the awesome haircut. Trust me, if your own children are saying it looks great, then it REALLY does. Children are very brutally honest about things like that, even though they don't realize it.
    You could even send the lady a thank you card for the cut, I bet it would make her day to know that she had such an impact on you!

awesome haircut and totally worth it, especially if your kids think you look great!

I really splash out on a cut and color because I just like to! plus, I have this thing that if someone hasn't complimented you on your hair in the last 6 months, you probably could stand to change it up a bit ;)

My hair is the ONE thing Im willing to spend a LOT of money on if I need to in order for it to look nice. Nothing on earth makes me feel better than cute hair.

That being said, if you have a Vidal Sassoon salon in your area call and ask for their student line. I got an AWESOME cut and color (worth about $250 all told) for 30 bucks because an almost graduated student did it. I tell everyone where I got it cut and everyone Ive sent ther has been happy.

Just a money saving idea =)

Fabulous!You DO look like a rock star!
    I get my roots done for $105 including tip every 5 weeks and a $60-80 cut and blow out every other time.
    Its outrageouse but I work hard and the only other thing I get is my nails done.Other than that I am a frugal shopper in all forms.Drive a used cash paid for car,shop groceries on sale,clothes on clearance when I need them.
    ETA a girlfriend colord my hair for me and I had to get it fixed(it was green and grey-she used dye and tints in the same session) and it cost me $346 (and 6 hours) before tip and I had to keep getting it done every 4-5 weeks to get the rest of the damaged hair trimmed off rather than buzzing it all off.THAT was the most expensive hair do I've had done.

oh gosh, mine always come sin at 250-300...(cut color, tip, product).i have to tear the check thingy out of the book so my hubby won't see. i have thick coarse curly hair and its so hard to find someone who can do it right. i'm always looking for a more affordable alternative. i'm gong to bite the bullet and try someone new!! that is just too much money for hair!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads