Fox news said what?! interrobang

I was flipping through the channels, trying to get the down low on how much I need to fear the coming of Hurricane Dennis. Lo and behold, Fox News, THE not-so-secretly right wing news station, was discussing the matter. A meteorologist and a news anchor were a-chatting away.

Meteorologist: So, blah blah blah, Hurricane Dennis category 4 blah blah blah.
    News Anchor: Meteorologist--
    M.: blah blah Florida panhandle blah blah.
    News Anchor: Now, we're all scratching our heads here. This is the fourth one in the hurricane season-- what is this? Do you think this is global warming?

THAT IS RIGHT.

FOX NEWS ACKNOWLEDGED THAT GLOBAL WARMING MIGHT EXIST.

I was so shocked that I thought I'd share it with everyone here. Discuss.

2. # ADS

I'll bet that newscaster will be fired, considering that Fox's usual viewpoint is that "There is a small chance that global warming doesn't exist. We like small chances. We're still investigating the possibility of hell freezing over. Now, that would be a clear indicator that global warming does not exist."

I think that Fox News is just keeping up with the Republican party line. As of last week, I believe that the official stance is that global warming probably does exist, but it would be very bad to do anything about it. Instead we should very nicely ask the Captains of Industry to try to stop polluting so much. Because that will be very effective.

actually, gw himself finally used the words "global warming" instead of the previously euphemistic "climate change" at the g8 summit. i was filled with shock and awe when i heard it, but am confident that we will not change our policy or behavior in the us, becuase then we're letting the greenhouse gasses win.

apparently this development has opened new doors for members of the right-wing media conspiracy. i guess it's important that we don't misunderestimate the power of pressure from the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by nucular
    actually, gw himself finally used the words "global warming" instead of the previously euphemistic "climate change" at the g8 summit. i was filled with shock and awe when i heard it, but am confident that we will not change our policy or behavior in the us, becuase then we're letting the greenhouse gasses win.
    if fox AND gw have said "it", **anything** is possible!

Remove Ads

Ads