"The Notebook" movie

I just got back from seeing this movie (it was a "sneak peek" at the theatres thing...I didn't even know my movie theatre did that!). Anyways, the movie doesn't come out until June 25th, but Oh. My. God.
    That movie was one of the best, most sensational, touching, emotional, wonderful movies I have ever seen. I cannot gush about it enough, and not just because Ryan Gosling is dead sexy in it. :P
    It's just...absolutely amazing. When it comes out, you *have* to go see it. It's a good chick flick...and bring tissues!! I brought my sister, best friend, and mother, and all of us would have been literally sobbing out loud if there hadn't been a whole bunch of other people in the theatre...It was just FANTASTIC.

2. # ADS

I saw it tonight too!! We had sneak peeks in Phx too. i LOVED it, I cried so much, but then so did everybody else. Very sweet and funny. i love those kind of sorta cheesy over the top love stories!

Funny thing though - I took my 11 year old (had to cover her eyes for a couple scenes) and during one of the most touching, sentimental tear jerking moments, I whispered in her ear "Listen to all the people sniffling". As soon as I said that, we burst into a hysterical fit of silent giggles. I was covering my face trying very hard to to think of something serious so i wouldn't make a fool of myself or get popcorn thrown at me. We were holding in our laughter so hard - the girl sitting next to me kept staring, she couldn't tell if I was sobbing or laughing. "A little of both" I said...

i haven't read the entire book, but one of my speech kids performed a cutting from it and won state with it two years ago. made me cry every time. i've been wondering what the movie was like. thanks for the thumbs up!

CraftyChicaAZ, My best friend and I almost started laughing, too, during "those" couple of scenes...I'm nearly 21 years old, but those were SO uncomfortable for me...mostly because my mom was 3 seats away. :P I was like "Whoa, I'm SOO glad it's dark in here..." I know I was really red! Of course, there *were* those "I'd like to take HER place!" comments as well. :P

I'd love to read the book! I thought I had it, but I can't find it anywhere...I'll definitely have to buy it now. smachel, that's awesome your kid won state with that! I can't wait to read the book. :)

The trailer made me think it was a movie kinda in the Big Fish genre... am I right?

Speaking of trailers and totally hijacking the thread, I saw a trailer for Wimbledon with Paul Bettany -- it looks good. I heart Paul.

Given that it's based on a book by the same guy who did "A Walk to Remember," a movie that made me laugh despite many assurances that I'd definitely cry, I was hesitant at first.

But now I want to see it. Ryan Gosling is a hottie. So is James Marsden, for that matter.

i am a huge nicholas sparks fan! the notebook was the first book of his that i read - it is still one of my favorites that i read over and over again. i have read all of his books but the notebook is still my favorite! i cannot wait for the movie.

Lyssalicious - i didn't see the movie so i can't comment on the movie itself, but 'a walk to remember' was one of nicholas spark's worst books - in my opinion. the notebook is by far one of his best!!

The crazy thing is that Nick Sparks went to my high school. And I vaguely remember him. He seems like he's a nice guy. But I want to gag anytime I see one of his treacly, romance novel works. His writing is kind of in the same league of 'art' that the region's other famous son, Thomas Kinkaid, produces

Snufkin, kinda cheesey you mean? :) Sometimes you just need a good, cheesey movie! ^_^
    But seriously, if you have any Alzeheimer in your family, or you know anyone with dementia, the movie is definitely worth watching. We had/still have both in our family at some point or another, and it just...touches you.

Remove Ads

Ads