Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Its the Black Tights that are the culprit..in fact i dont think they go with anything !!!

2. # ADS

first of all, never ever wear nude pantyhose. ever. not that you are in the pics, but some are suggesting it and it cannot happen.

secondly, the tights and sandals thing doesn't work. you can totally wear tights or socks with open toed shoes, it just has to look like you meant to do it. in a fashion-y way, like wearing fuschia tights with chocolate brown peep-toe pumps and a plaid pencil skirt. here it looks like you threw on the sandals cos they'd be comfy.

black tights rule, by the way. just look at kate moss.

i am just wondering why you're wearing tights in the first place, as it was july???? are you in the southern hemisphere? as s.rock said, no tights or different shoes would be best. the rags comment may have been due to the asymmetrical skirt.

erinina.....im working as a waitress and where i work all femail employee's "Have" to wear thick black tights of at least 60 denier no matter what the weather!!!

it's aight. i'd just change the shoes to something black. and not open toed.

sometimes well meaning relatives just say the wrong thing. i have a pretty good self-image, usually, but sometimes... i'm 5'6" and weigh between 140 and 150 usually, and last time i saw my grandma, she said "We've got to do something about your belly. I want everyone in the family to be healthy." i never really worried much about having a slightly pudgy tummy, but after she said that, i keep wondering if my tummy is subpar. even though i was perfectly mostly happy with it before.

nah, i wouldn't describe that as rags at all. i think, like mentioned by lots of folks before, it's an older generation word when used like that.

everyone's gotta make their own decisions about fashion, what looks good and so on. i agree with erinina about the no nude hose ever. i'd probobly wear something similar with big black boots, possibly with patterned tights (which doesn't sound like an option where you work).

keep a stiff upper lip, and don't stress if people aren't fond of your clothes. someone's gonna hate what you wear no matter what you wear, and someone is probobly gonna love the same exact outfit.

trash the shoes asap.

I don't really like the shoes, but black on black is always a plus! I have worn outfits similar to those!
    Even if it isn't fasionistawear it isn't FRUMPY. Frumpy is an oversized plaid shirt and wrinkled old pants or something.

Ive Trashed the Tights , cut them up and made small nylon bags filled with "pot pouri" as on my other post on the "craft up forum" ..[with pictures] you can leave them in your wardrobe draws etc!!

I see that you're in London where black tights are still acceptable (in my opinion anyway) all year long!

But I'd be wearing some Doc Martens with 'em!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads