Be gentle, I'm new!!!

Hi - can I join in?!

I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right place, but here goes...

I'm Fenn (in case you hadn't guessed!) and I'm from Shrewsbury, England. I came across the site whilst googling for craft supplies.

I'm 35 and live with my partner, our two gorgeous boys, a (currently mangey) dog, The Oldest Cat In The World, and three bantam hens. We also have an allotment, where we supposedly grow lots of healthy veg, but mainly grow weeds (and bury dead bantams...).

Under threat of having to go out and -gulp- work, I've finally decided to put my art college past to good use and am attempting to teach myself bag-making. So if anyone can offer hints/tips to a complete novice, I'd be most grateful!

I spent most of my youth drinking too much, not sleeping enough, and spending the housekeeping on clothes. Now I have neither the money nor the energy to drink or shop to excess, but I'm still sleep-deprived. And I still like nice things (although you wouldn't know it if you could see the current state of my house).

Oh, and I waffle a lot. I'll shut up now.

Hope to get to know you all!

Fenn x

2. # ADS

HI there- nice to see someone else from the UK has found there way here-i'm sure you'll feel very happy here!
    (a 31 year old from near Bristol with one cat, no kids and some plants in pots on the balcony)

Hi Fenn! Welcome! I like your description-in-brief of your life! : )

Oh wow, I got replies :-D

Finally got the littlie down for his nap, so am off to root out the sewing machine - I need to get my creative spark back before it goes out for good.

Wish me luck - it's as much as I can do to not burn the oven chips atm, so don't hold your breath for a masterpiece!

Thanks for the welcome :-)

Hehe, I think I spot someone I know. I won't tell if you won't :D

Welcome! Good Luck with the sewing machine!

Evening Moggie - fancy seeing you here!!!
    I actually put up a thread on the 'other' site singing the praises of this place, but so far it seems that noone took me up on it!

GS - I got the sewing machine out, but unfortunately someone has seen fit to 'tidy away' my bag of fabric scraps. By the time I'll turned the house upside down in a fruitless quest to unearth it, the mini-me had woken up again. Grrrrrrr....

Pleasure meeting you, Fenn!

Remove Ads

Ads