please give me yr opinions on a contest idea for a zine :)

Hello!

I have a zine and I have been thinking about having some kind of contest. I thought it would be fun but I'm still thinking about what kind of contest to have. I need help. HELP!

My zine is called GiftWrapGoddessWraps. So I was thinking the contest could be about being a goddess, or gift wrapping. My zine is all text, no pictures - so the contest needs to be something where people can respond with words.

Do you think the contest should be something like a question people have to answer: "What makes you a goddess?" or should it be something creative like "Describe your best gift wrapping project". Does this sound lame? I want it to interest people.

I got these gorgous and wonderful smelling jasmine candles - 4 of them because they smelled so good, and I can get this great bubble bath and tI thought if I added a good chick novel to this - it could be a good prize. I was thinking this "Bubble Bath Escape Package" could be a good prize. Do you think this sounds like a good prize? Or should the prize be something for gift wrapping?

My zine doesn't sell anything, I'm not trying to get anyone to do anything or buy anything or be anything. I just think a little contest would be fun for readers.

Please tell me what you think -- I am very open to ideas. I would like to run the contest in the July issue and it goes out the first week of July so there is some time to create a contest. Thank you for your opinions.

:) Abigail

2. # ADS

I think you should do the weirdest/best/most creative emergency gift wrap contest in which a person describes what they did in the nick of time. Something that shows how they have to rely on their Inner Emergency Gift Wrap Skills.

(I once decorated a gift with postcards on top of old birthday wrapping paper for Christmas.)

Quote Originally Posted by soapandwater
    I think you should do the weirdest/best/most creative emergency gift wrap contest in which a person describes what they did in the nick of time. Something that shows how they have to rely on their Inner Emergency Gift Wrap Skills.
    AWESOME suggestion!!

Remove Ads

Ads