Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

this time last year...

what were you doing or looking forward to doing?

i was going great on atkins (down 30 lbs, now i've gained 20 back)
    pirates of the caribbean movie - orlando bloom with dark hair!
    heading to NYC

2. # ADS

I was just thinking about that the other day because last summer has to have been one of the most insane periods of my life:

* Dad goes in for major surgery. Survives operation but gets really really sick from staph infection. Takes 3 times as long to recover.

* Project at work which was promised to take 8 weeks drags on due to colleagues also getting hit with family medical emergencies (in both cases, the relative died) and not anticipating amount of work required and time they actually had. End result are unhappy people and me losing 10 pounds due to anxiety and stress.

*Money running out for my position. Having to go on stressful and unsuccessful job interviews.

*Don't want to get into in a public forum. But also a lot of really intense personal stuff. I remember having the random thought one afternoon of "How in the heck did my life turn into a telenovella?"

But there was a lot of really great stuff. Like seeing the Tractenburg Family Slideshow Players. Or getting to meet the lovely Susan Stars and hanging out with her A LOT! So it was the best of times and worst of times. And this summer, I'm just very happy that it's mellow. I've been taking a lot of mini-trips around the region, have friends coming to visit (including tallulah!), and am planning on reading, swimming, drinking cocktails and crafting.

Great topic!

+ I was also looking forward to Pirates (but because of Mr. Depp).
    + I was living in another city & thinking about moving.
    + I was taking a neat gothic literature class in summer school.
    + I didn't have my dog yet. Nor my college degree.
    + I was planning a vacation to Florida that never took place. (It's okay, I went somewhere even better.)

-- Steph

isn't it wild to see how things develop? i was working on my third book and praying i would do a good job (now i'm working on the follow up to it!).

I'd just ended an enjoyable, too-short temp job. I was preparing to move to another city and had some traveling to do over the summer (high school reunion, sister's wedding) and so figured I'd take "a couple months" off work. It turned into eight or nine.

A year ago this month was also the year-end luncheon for a women's group I belong to. Several of us there noticed one of our members was looking a bit tired; she said she'd been busy and under stress lately. The next day she was rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. Three weeks later she was dead.

Weird.

My niece was getting married in a half crafty half tacky wedding. Okay, quarter tacky. Guess which part I was in...

I was wondering if I would get into nursing school for the fall or have to wait until January. (fall term)

Working part time while waiting for school to start. In retrospect, I should have been temping.

Started work on a novel that I set aside as soon as school started.

My mother was refusing chemo for leukemia, my sister was dx'd with breast cancer. She later refused chemo, too, but it was an option for her post surgery. My mother is still hanging in there. At her age, not even cancer grows all that quickly. ;) She's in remission again.

I thought my monitor would have to be replaced last summer, but it's still kicking, too.

-Taking my A levels, which I did incredibly well in, particularly considering I was:
    -Spending far too much time in the pub despite being only 17, drinking a hell of a lot of beer and smoking and generally not studying (still drink too much, don't smoke though)
    -Working in an evil restaurant at weekends which really did make me want to cry
    -Trying to work out the hell I should do for the next 12 months. I think I made a fairly good choice in the end.
    -Having much more sex than I do now because I'd only been with my man for 4 months, and it's now 16. I still love him to bits though, of course.
    -Actually having rather a lot of fun. I still am doing, of course, but I've grown up a ridiculous amount in this year, working full time and travelling, and I'm not so young and careless anymore. Which has good and bad sides to it.

i was 5 months pregnant and hating it! but very much looking forward to my first baby.

i can barely remember anything besides being pregnant and passing out on the couch daily in the heat of nc summers and feeling oogy.

now, have an 8 month old sidekick who has changed me for the better. i'm more focused on my art (probably because there's little time to do it), and looking forward to being a home/landowner by next year at this time!

looking forward to my vegas trip

getting ready to move

last year

Last year I was:

3 weeks away from my wedding.
    3 weeks away from a honeymoon to Portland.
    3 weeks away from sex.
    camping with my mom. (got a bad tan line that showed up in all my wedding pictures- oh well!)
    dying in this Texas heat!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads