+ Reply to Thread

college going-away present for boyfriend?

So like...everyone is giving their friends presents for going away to college. And I'm not a very good gift giver but my boyfriend, well, he gives me stuff all the time. But he's a year behind me and thus he is going to college this year. I know all the crap he could probably USE, but what about something nice to give him? For the guy who has everything...Thanks in advance:)

2. # ADS

Give him an honest-to-goodness shrunken human head, with a note that says "Plenty more where that came from!" Give him an itchy rash, AKA the gift that keeps on giving?
    I'm awful at gift-giving. Maybe make him a collage to hang on his wall, or one of your blankets for him to sleep with? Errrm... A disposable camera, fill it halfway with pictures of you and make him take (and then develop) the rest?

does he have any special talents/likes? i bought my ex a very nice leather journal from levenger with his initials embossed on it because he's a creative writing major. if he plays drums you can get him some wild and crazy glittery stick things, i saw them in the music store the other day, they were rainbow, tie-dye-looking, glittery, the whole shebang. but i'm getting off topic, what about some inside jokey things that you two have?

Yeah, boys are so hard to buy/make stuff for. He's kinda nerdy, he's an electrical engineering major. But he has no clue if that's what he really wants to do. He plays guitar, but he's only bringing his acoustic to school. But he can't read music, I just refuse to get him sheet music or anything because at one point in time we were playing chess a lot and so I decided to get him a magnetic chess set and a book of chess problems and he never even opened the package or broke the spine. That's how lame a gift giver I am! I asked him last night if there was anything he WANTED and he replied "nope there's nothing I need."

Well, if you're going to college in different towns, how about a couple of phone cards so he can call you?

what about a little photo album of stuff from your relationship?

you could go around to places that you both like to go and hang out (you know, *your* places) and take pictures of the them... even if you aren't in them.

or take pictures of things of yours that might mean something to him. (besides you, of course.)

or pictures that represent things that mean something to you -- i have a great photo from an ex that he took in sf where someone had written "you rock my world" on the sidewalk and you can see my ex's shadow in the picture pointing to the graffiti in the picture. it's really cool. and i still have it, tho i let go of the boy a long time ago!

Ads