just moved to brooklyn, want to meet new people

ladies, i just moved from baltimore to brooklyn and am having a difficult time crawling out of my shell. im a teacher, so ive got the summer off, but i find myself moping around and sulking to my old man that "theres nothing to do" (which is ridiculous). im into cooking and painting and yoga, and would love to try anything new.

ive considered taking a class, but im SUPER low on cash right now. i spend most of my days cooped up making art and cooking, which is great... but lonely. any tips?

geez, i sound PATHETIC. ;-)

2. # ADS

i live in brooklyn! where did you move to? we could totally meet and have coffee/drinks/craft, any time. i don't really know a lot of people either, so anyone here that lives in bklyn, or nyc in general, we should organize something, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by erinina
    i live in brooklyn! where did you move to? we could totally meet and have coffee/drinks/craft, any time. i don't really know a lot of people either, so anyone here that lives in bklyn, or nyc in general, we should organize something, don't you think?
    search for elizabeth j on myspace and youll find me. my head line is "any thing go with anna nico". id LOVE to meet for a cup of coffee. itd be like a blind date! :-)

Last time I moved I signed up for several different Stitch and Bitches. It was a great way to meet people outside of school and since cash is low it's good because I would be knitting anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by brdgt
    Last time I moved I signed up for several different Stitch and Bitches. It was a great way to meet people outside of school and since cash is low it's good because I would be knitting anyway!
    that sounds great... how did you get involved in those? that is, how did you find them?

Quote Originally Posted by elixirbeth
    Quote Originally Posted by brdgt
    that sounds great... how did you get involved in those? that is, how did you find them?
    Hmmm, One of them was listed on the "offical" stitch and bitch meet up website and I heard about two others through livejournal. A lot of them have yahoo groups too. Check out flyers at your local yarn store and craigslist as well.

Remove Ads

Ads