Anyone see "HP Prisoner of Azkaban" yet? (spoilers

**Spoiler alert - do not read if you do not want to know about the movie**

I saw it yesterday afternoon. I liked it - I thought it took a while for the momentum to pick up but it finally did. I thought Emma Thompson was awesome! And Gary Oldman, too - his speech at the end was really touching. I'm glad they didn't drag out the goodbye or I would have been blubbering.

I was glad to see there wasn't too much of the Dursleys - they bore me - but I would have liked to have seen more Quidditch, one of my favorite parts.

I thought the time travel/2 sets of characters part at the end acutally worked better as a movie than in the book. Visually, the whole thing clicks better, I thought. I really liked how they did Buckbeak, too.

Did you like the new Dumbledore? I thought he was great. Big shoes to fill - but I thought he did a good job.

</ HP nerd>

2. # ADS

Yep, I enjoyed Gambon as Dumbledore. :)

This was my all-time favorite Potter book, so I was a bit annoyed by the blatant rearranging of events (for instance, the Firebolt being given to Harry at the end when it was actually a secret Christmas present that was taken away by McGonagall and rigorously inspected for spells/curses before finally being given back) and HUGE portions of the story altogether being left out (like how what actually prompted Black to escape from Azkaban was the picture of the Weasley family vacationing in Egypt in which Black saw Pettigrew aka Scabbers and that Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs were actually James Potter friends) or making up a whole new storyline (like the way that Harry found out about Black's supposed connection with his parents' death--that totally didn't happen that way in the book! Completely different!!! In the book Ron, Hermione and Harry overhear the discussion at the pub and in the movie, the kids weren't even allowed into the pub. Harry found out by sneaking in with the invisibility cloak.)

All in all, it was an excellent movie. Best one yet. But being that this was my favorite book in the series by far, I was disappointed that the movie wasn't more faithful to Rowling's story.

I thought it was the best Harry Potter film yet. I have no problems with any rearrangement/left out plot points/etc. - its a film, if I want all of the dramatic details I'll read the books (which I do). This is first and foremost and children's movie and it was great.

Remove Ads

Ads