Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: crafty is...

moon_lemming
    I only threw in the 'then making it' part b/c i didn't want to seem lazy, lots of times i think i can make something and never bother :-P
    jt

2. # ADS

thinking "I have nothing good to eat" and then searching through the kitchen and making enough good food for a number of meals.

crafty is...

~non-conformist
    ~realizing the power of making something with your hands as opposed to simply buying it
    ~the pride of looking around your living space and knowing you painted, crocheted, knit, or just plain created just about everything you love about it.

Crafty is

*having your work colleagues look in disbelief when you tell that the chic item they complimented you on was made by you, or was thrifted by you, or was reconstructed by you.

*being able to make a great birthday present with one hour's notice

*being able to make a meal from store cupboard basics without resorting to a takeaway pizza

*being able to have fun with no money

*having your mum say "I'm so proud of you" for a card and scarf you made, and you're not still in kindergarten.

* knowing whatever you do whether it works or not, at least you tried.

*realising the potential fun that a magazine, scissors and glue holds.

Crafty is:

- an art space with auplies always at your finger tips
    - having every color of paint always in stock at your art table
    - deciding NOT to throw something away and then making some fantastic out of it
    - making stuff for other people
    - converting non-crafters into die hard craftistas!
    - scoring a deal in the clearnace bin

Crafty is:

-- preferring to eat at home a lot rather than to eat out, because you can make tastier stuff than most restaurants.

-- letting your boyfriend pick out a movie *he* wants to watch, even though you know you'll hate it, because you know you're going to focus more on your knitting than on the movie anyway.

Understanding that peeling dried glue off your fingers can still be fun even though you're not six years old anymore.

*being able to have fun with no money

Always a good skill when you're a broke college kid.

Crafty is being clever enough to create the most beautiful things out of things most people would throw away.

Crafty is making that ugly thrift store find into a one of a kind masterpiece.

Crafty is staying true to your own style.

Quote Originally Posted by soapandwater
    accesorizing with anything you can find. for instance, I'm wearing a ribbon on my hand as some kind of ribbon-bracelet thing. It's almost a trademark.
    This is perfect. This is the philosophy by which my best friend and I have lived for years. Even more, it's thinking that that's perfectly normal, and pitying those who say things like "are you wearing a ribbon on your hand? on purpose? why??"

For me, it's also having materials around for years that you intend to do something with, but never actually doing it, because the anticipation is far more rewarding than the finished project. I have a piece of red velvet that I bought years ago to cover some seat cushions with. So far it's been worn as both a dress and a skirt, it's been used as a table cloth, and currently it hangs over the back of an arm chair in my living room. My new plan is to use it for pillows.

Crafty is:

-an obsessive compulsive disorder......in the best way, of course.

-just the way you feel about the need to do/alter/be something.

-food.

-having a whole bunch of "crap" that you just might actually use one day but can't imagine EVER throwing out.....because you WILL you it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads