Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: crafty is...

Having your manager at your new job tell you that people at her meeting commented on your cool earrings, and she guessed you made them especially to match your work uniform (and she was right).

Getting a compliment on the sweater you wear to rehearsal, and saying "Thanks; I knitted it backstage during the last play."

Being shocked that you're the only person in the room who owns a sewing machine - how can all these people get through life without one?

When they answer "Why should I sew when I can buy clothes so cheap?", knowing they just don't get it.

Finding a pair of expensive designer pants that you never wear any more because they were always ill-fitting and now they're out of style too - and knowing exactly how you can revamp them to be flattering and up-to-date.

Seeing overpriced accessories in a store and thinking, "Not only can I make that; I already have - and with better quality, too!"

2. # ADS

-Having people compliment you on your outfit and having the satisfaction of telling them you made the shirt, pants, hat, jewelry etc etc

-Making gifts for friends that fit that so perfectly they're moved to tears or are completely speechless

-Having said gift be the coolest gift at the party

-having little old ladies get excited that the younger generation is crocheting/knitting (I love this when it happens)

-checking out another craftistas wares and looking at each other with that insider eye that says we're both part of the craft revolution

-talking to a fellow craftista in public about various DIY things and sounding like you're speaking a different language

-making a new project and feeling so happy every time you look at it

-making a new craft and then feeling all snuggly and connected to the other craftistas that posted about it (for me this was record bowls)

-

crafty is..

Crafty is...
    allowing those around you to call you a packrat... and not caring.

Quote Originally Posted by twilight
    -Making gifts for friends that fit that so perfectly they're moved to tears or are completely speechless

-Having said gift be the coolest gift at the party
    - Being able to throw together a last minute gift and the above are still true!

(I've got more, but I'm still thinking...)

crafty is:

-having an excuse to be a pack rat to the extent that you have to fight the urge to peak in dumpsters for cool things to recycle.

-the same wide grin you had at age 4 after every accomplishment.

Re: crafty is...

Quote Originally Posted by jean

to me it's
    baking obscene cupcakes

Obsene cupcakes? I wanna know more!

Re: crafty is...

Quote Originally Posted by jean

to me it's
    baking obscene cupcakes

Obsene cupcakes? I wanna know more!

...is definately the love of crap (lovely, lovely crap). To me, nothing beats going through my giant tupperware chest full of thread, yarn, rollykit of beads, quarter machine toys, ball chains, bottle caps and endless chopped up garments and swatches of fabrics into eternity and knowing it's all mine.
    AND that, one fine day, you will most certainly think of something to do with every odd bauble and ribbon. Otherwise you'd chuck it. Right?

JeraSue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads