Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mission: 101

excuse my skepticism, but why making a list?
    i agree with the organizational perks others have mentioned, and i also think this format in particular is a good way to keep myself honest, if you will. it's one thing to tell myself i plan to quit smoking and start submitting my work to literary journals: it's quite another to make my deadlines public and open for comment. though i haven't made huge progress on my own 101/1001 yet, the list (as viewed by friends, family, and random commenters) has definitely kicked me into action on some dusty old goals that needed attention.

2. # ADS

I find if I tell people I'm going to do something, I'm far more likely to do it. I make lists all the time, my brain is far too disorganised for life!

i heart lists

I need instant gratification! Lists are great for me...and very necessary, I do not get overwhelmed by them at all...rather I review them and check things off (my favorite) whether its a list of mundane things to do (go to bank, grocery store etc,) or a list of swap gifts to be mailed...or goals for the next 5 years...it really helps me organize whats next...on a rainy day...it helps remind me that I wanted to rent all of marlin monroes movies or whatever...long live the lists...

?
    I want to do the mission 101...how do I sign up...thru livejournal? it seems the other link is just info...Help me!!

Re: i heart lists

Quote Originally Posted by lilmissthrifty
    I want to do the mission 101...how do I sign up...thru livejournal? it seems the other link is just info...Help me!!
    You don't actually have to sign up for anything, you just put your list in your blog (whether blogger/blogspot, livejournal, xanga or whatever, I suppose you could use a getcrafty blog even). If you want to be added to the big list, e-mail your blog url to feedback@triplux.com.

uproar started an lj community that you can join if you want to: http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=mis
    sion101

I love lists, but that's a long one!! haha. I don't even know if I could fill it up. Maybe if I am very specific, and break things up rather than generalized goals? that's neat though! I will check out the lj community too.

Quote Originally Posted by anjalouise
    Maybe if I am very specific, and break things up rather than generalized goals?
    That's what I did.

I'm actually doing quite well on mine! I copied some of my goals over to 43 things as well for the extra encouragement.

How's everyone who started on this doing?

i just updated my list on my computer but haven't done so on my blog post yet, but i've completed about 35 things and have another handful that are "in progress." (then of course there are ones that i've crossed out completely out of either lack of interest or irrelevance)
    only about 350 days left!

Just posted my 5-month update over at Mission 101.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads