Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mission: 101

mission: 101

last week, one of my online friends told me about an (apparently long running) "e-mission" in which you make and maintain a list of 101 things that you'd like to accomplish in 1001 days, or roughly 2.75 years. a sucker for list-making, i took the challenge. after a bit of research, i found this link: http://www.triplux.com/1001/otherlists.asp which gave the following "rules" and criteria:
    The Mission:
    Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
    Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
    Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Some common goal setting tips:
    1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.

2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.

3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.

4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.

5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
    so i now pass the 101 torch onto you crafty ladies who are up for the challenge. the above site also gives many links to others' lists for inspiration and piggy-backing. i will link to my personal list's blog entry so this post isn't any longer hah:
    http://quirkyfeminist.blogspot.com/2...oh-oh-one.html
    [for perspective, my challenge started 8/8/5 and ends 5/5/8]

2. # ADS

I just recently started a LiveJournal community by the very same name as your post! Wow! I made my list this past spring, but I just started the community a few weeks ago, so that people could post their lists, mark off their accomplishments and get help and encouragement with their goals.

This is the link to the community in case anyone is interested in joining:
    http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=mission101

so you are that uproar... lauren/falls2climb on lj was the one who told me about mission 101 :)

Yes I am! I actually recognized you when I clicked through to your blog link...I remember when you used to post a lot in hot_fashion, wasn't it?

haha yep that's me. and were you on estro?
    small internet world.

I was on ChickClick near the end and EstroV2...I think mostly as stardustduchess and maybe quintessential girl?

yesss i do remember that. i was on estro v2 as either quirkygeek or gabbi or something to that effect.

Just wait until you meet someone in real life and try not to say, "you know, I think I've read your blog once upon a time..."

Back on topic, I came up with a list of 15 things to do in my 25th year (and a list of 25 cool things I did before I turned 25) and I'm about 1/5 of the way through. Not so sure how many I'm going to get to, though, some of them were things I had really wanted to do at the time and now aren't so interesting to me, like volunteering at the museum - now I fear with school starting I won't have the time to give.

I think it's in my blog somewhere, though it may have been a private post.

i've picked up the torch as well; my list is indexed on my blog!

in school i made a random list of 101 things i had never done. They weren't necessarily things i wanted to do (watch someone die, get in a car wreck) or felt one way or another about (been to Mississippi) but it was interesting, and then my friends made lists and we would compare. I also made a list of 31 things to accomplish by the time i am 30. Somehow i don't think i will make them all but at this point i am not sure if they would all be desirable anyway. But this 101 things sound interesting...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads